I am having a crisis of confidence....help!!!

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
The past fe weeks have been so hard, I am loving being a mummy, and back working full time (I love my job so its going great)

Ruby is usually an angel, and we have loads of fun and I have tons of patiece with her....

Last week and this week I am off on holiday. we spent a week away in Wales lst week, which was fantastic but I have come back more exhausted than before!! Ruby when sheis awake, NEVER stops, she wants to be on her feet all the time, and she seems really hyper active :shock: When she gets to me, she pus her arms up, I pick her up and she then starts to bite me (which REALLY hurts with her little teeth), pulls my hair really hard and pulls my glasses off!! It really is wearing me down, she doesnt do it to anyone else, she is an angel for evryone!! I keep saying "No" and putting her don, but this makes her worse, and she comes back for more!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: What age do they realise right from wrong??

What am I doing wrong?? I feel like my little angel is turning into Chucky, the devil child :cry: :cry: I feelike she hates me, and I am always snapping at everyone as I am feeling so low about it.......

Awww hun, I am so sorry that I can't give you any real advice....but boy can I sympathise....Libby has started whacking my glasses off & its soooooo annoying!! I hate anyone touching my glasses :shakehead:

I think perhaps perseverence (sp) maybe the key and not picking her up when she comes back for more. Perhap give her a few minutes before you try to pick her up again then when she does it again put her down and don't pick her up when she comes back etc, until she gets the message? Then praise her if you hold her and she doesn't do these things?? Although I just read your post back and this is what you are doing (sorry)

Sorry, not much help.

But hugs for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had something simular with D that he started biting my mipples oouch..when i first started saying no he would just gurgle and laugh..now i don't give him eye contact and have to put my boob away so he knows it isn't what he wants to happen..It has worked so keep up what your doing it will work in time.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

It WILL get better,believe me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hang on in there,you're doing a fantastic job :hug: :hug: :hug:

Can't help but wanted to say she still loves you.. I hope you're feeling better today :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

hun i think its just a stage Kiara did this as well , well actually she still doesnt listen to me thatw ell but everyone else she does :?
Hope things get better :hug:

Keeley's at the stage where i think she know right from wrong as when she's doin somethin she's not supposed to be see does this little cheeky smile :lol:

I do not think for 1 second that Ruby hates you your a great mum :hug:

I think its just a stage all lo's go thru

I hope things get better tho
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

The months 8-12 are the hardest I think.

In the last few weeks Stanley and I are communicating better and he's not gettin so frustrated.

Hang on in there :hug:

All I can say is please don't take it to heart so much, Harrison is the same and sometimes I feel I'm at my wits end with him but I know he doesn't understand right from wrong just yet and he's at that age where he is interested in things just like Ruby is, just be stern with her and tell her no when she does it and put her down like you are doing, she will soon learn but she may think its a game when she comes back and you pick her up again and might think you're playing along.

The biting may actually be affectionate, they can't differenciate between kissing & biting so she's probably trying to kiss you.

I hope things get better soon :hug: You're a great mummy

Emmylou said:
I think perhaps perseverence (sp) maybe the key and not picking her up when she comes back for more. Perhap give her a few minutes before you try to pick her up again then when she does it again put her down and don't pick her up when she comes back etc, until she gets the message? Then praise her if you hold her and she doesn't do these things?? Although I just read your post back and this is what you are doing (sorry)

Sorry, not much help.

But hugs for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was thinking along those lines too. Show no reaction when she does it is though, just put her down and walk away from her. Even a negative reaction is still a reaction to her. Its hard when they are that age. Do they understand right and wrong??, im not sure. I think Joe is starting to and he is 1 but I dont think he did before.

Joe at that age would seem as though he was biting me but im sure it was a kiss. It was on the chin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back