:( I have a problem...

daftscotslass

Reaction score
...with my weight.

I think I've been in denial about it since Becky was born but I've put on over 3 stone from my pre-pregnancy weight (which wasn't exactly small either) and it has finally hit me today. I went to the doctor to discuss that and my contraception and I think it was then I realised just how unhappy I am with myself at the moment. I think the GP was worried I had PND when I burst into tears "are you sure it's just your weight?" was what she said with a very concerned look on her face.

I'm conscious I'm eating crap all the time but I couldn't bring myself to tell her that. She's going to have the HV contact me when I get back from my holiday and I think I'll come clean with her. I know I can't afford to go to the gym but I think walking for the next few months with a 15lb baby strapped to my front will go something towards helping me exercise wise. I've gone through my cupboards and thrown out all the crap, sobbing in the process, god knows why.

I've decided that I'm not going to take the pill because then I can't have anything to blame but myself for my weight gain.

My BMI is 35 and I have a long way to go. If I manage to lose a stone by Christmas I'll be happy.

daftscotslass said:
...with my weight.

I think I've been in denial about it since Becky was born but I've put on over 3 stone from my pre-pregnancy weight (which wasn't exactly small either) and it has finally hit me today. I went to the doctor to discuss that and my contraception and I think it was then I realised just how unhappy I am with myself at the moment. I think the GP was worried I had PND when I burst into tears "are you sure it's just your weight?" was what she said with a very concerned look on her face.

I'm conscious I'm eating crap all the time but I couldn't bring myself to tell her that. She's going to have the HV contact me when I get back from my holiday and I think I'll come clean with her. I know I can't afford to go to the gym but I think walking for the next few months with a 15lb baby strapped to my front will go something towards helping me exercise wise. I've gone through my cupboards and thrown out all the crap, sobbing in the process, god knows why.

I've decided that I'm not going to take the pill because then I can't have anything to blame but myself for my weight gain.

My BMI is 35 and I have a long way to go. If I manage to lose a stone by Christmas I'll be happy.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

If it's any consolation I think you're ace :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You have an absolutely STUNNING daughter so it's highly unlikely you're a minger either!!

You seem to be doing all the right things. Best of luck to you. Can I have some of the weight you lose my BMI is 20 now :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I found myself in a similar position after I had Jamie and I was utterly miserable and like you I made a decision to do something about it. It's not easy especially when you have a small baby and sometimes you don't get to prepare yourself healthy meals cos you don't have the time or the energy but you will get there, it took me a while and it encouraged me to be more careful this time around.

I'm sure carrying a 15lb baby will be plenty of exercise, the best thing that happened for me was having to walk over 4 miles a day doing the school run, worked better than the gym anyway :D

Good luck hun and you can do it :hug:

As you can see from my ticker, my BMI is not far behind yours. It's only recently dawned on me how big I've got when I was watching a video of myself. My BMI was 29 when I fell pg with Logan so I had a couple stone to lose to start with.I think sometimes you don't realise as it creeps up on you slowly.I've just re-started weightwatchers online as I have got PND and one of my symptoms was comfort eating. I was losing weight till the PND kicked it but then put most of it back on :doh:
I haven't the time or money to go to the gym either, I think exercise DVD's are fab because you can do them at home when you have time.
I think throwing out the junk food is a good start (though I would have just eaten it all in one day and then started the diet the next!), I find I can be quite disciplined when I go food shopping, but once it's in the cupboard I have no will power. I get my OH to hide his and James' yummy food away so there's no temptation!
I hope the healthy eating goes well :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm in the same boat.

I dunno what my BMI is I dread to check but I would imagine near enough yours, if not a bit higher :oops:

I've been comfort eating loads, I'm so angry with myself as I was a stone lighter than my pre-preg weight when Phoebe was born, I've put 10lb of that back on :doh:

I do have PND, and since being on AD's last friday I haven't been eating nearly as much shit. I wish I'd just admitted to myself how I'd been feeling earlier. Not to say that you have PND as well, but maybe there is a cause for your comfort eating (if thats what it is?).

Its really hard, I've lost loads of weight before when I was 18, I was a size 14-16 and happy, it was a good weight for me, now I'm bigger than I ever was.

I don't have enough time to follow a diet just now, I know that sounds like a cop out, but I just can't, especially until I am feeling 'right' again anyway!

chucking the junk out sounds good, but it always makes me worse lol, cos then I haven't had ANY and binge.

My word I'm making myself sound bad :oops:

Anyway, am around if you want to chat about it, or a kick up the bum. I probably need one too :hug: :hug: In fact, there's no probably about it!

PS don't forget you still have loads of hormones flying around :hug:

I know the feeling hun!! I started my diet with the BMI of 37.2!! :shock:

Now I am down to 33.5 but I dont want to stop untill it is 22-23.

Determination is the main thing! And, walking with your DD will do just the same trick as the gym! (Actually, if you have a lot of weight to loose I wouldnt reccomend any weight training, just cardio (walkin, jogging, aerobics and stuff liek that. Because doing weight excersise might add you pounds in muscles and you wont really loose much weight).

Sometimes it gets really hard, but then I think about my son, and I understand that I dont want to be a "fat" mum. I want to set an exapmle to him. (And, obviosly there is a shopping aspect! :rotfl: )

Good luck to you hun and well done for throwing away all the crap!

xxx
Carina

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hun please dont worry. Weight is something that you can change :) I started with a BMI of something ridiculous...its on my ticker. Im down to nearly 25 now and aiming for 18.5 and I know I will do it. Not by starving myself either :lol: Weldone you for throwing out the naughty food. I do reccomend giving yourself at least one day where you have one treat though like a cake or something like a yummy slightly unhealthy dinner or a takeaway once a fortnight, just so you have something to look forward to and you arent depriving yourself totally because that can be very hard to keep up. I managed to loose 4 stone before by having one day off a week dieting and on that one day Id go to the pub, drink lots and have a chinese after. Thats prob OTT but it worked for me :D

I have put on 3 stone as well. I keep saying that I can't do much because of the hip and pelvis pain but the truth is I can do a lot more than I do :oops: I can't carry my daughter but I can walk for hours with her in the pushchair if I just go and do it! I know if I lose that weight I'll be in less pain as well but somehow one kitkat seems so small!

I bought wii fit. In the first 2 weeks I put on a pound. What kind of rubbish weight loss is that! The stupid machine congratulated me as I had managed to put on 4 or 5 pounds to begin with so it just figured I'd lost weight, it didn't allow for putting it on. :doh: I've been too scared to get on it since.

I sympathise with you. I am 5ft 7in and always been 9st 2lb (have been down to 8st 12lb while dieting for holiday once) and then i moved areas in Spain, met OH and it started to pile on. We have been together 18 months and i have put on 2.5 stone!!! :roll: It makes me really angry, i have no patience, i am unhappy with myself, i cant get in clothes i bought only a few months ago. I cant shop in Zara at all as they dont do sizes bigger than 12 and i am now 12-14. I have never been bigger than size 10 (only when i was pregnant!) I put on nearly 5 stone when i was full term with DD but lost the excess weight due to the stress of my split with my ex OH at the time. I cant seem to shift the weight this time and must put on 2 lbs a week. I have tried the gym, to no avail and i used to run 6km and cycle 7km 3- 4 times a week!!! WTF???? I hate being this size, i feel so depressed. My willpower is low which doesnt help. :(

I'll join u Lorna! I've out weight on too and have a wedding to get ready for!

Baby swimming time!

look at my ticker hun :hug:
even once i hit my target weight il still be classed as overweight :(
im only 5ft tall aswell so the weight shows alot it is possible to loose the weight though
i managed to loose all that weight just by not eating chrisps chocolate sweeties i love my takeouts so still have those :oops:
oh and i drink loads and loads of water the flavoured stuff as its nicer then tap water but still no fat/calories
good luck
xx

Good Luck!! :hug:

Last I checked mine was 16!! I hate being cold all the time, and I want boobs.

Thank you all :hug:

Well I'm back off my holiday and I'm happy to say I haven't put on any more weight but then I haven't lost any either. Didn't snack at all but the meals were pretty schooge.

The hard work starts on Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back