i hate this road.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trixipaws, Dec 3, 2007.

1. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i hav to cross it nearly every day when i go for a walk to the shops or whatever and as u can see its so hard to see around the corner and cars and sometimes lorries come whizzing around. i wonder if i can show this vid to the council or something and ask them to put a zebra crossing in or something.
    sorry about the shakey quality btw i had to keep both hands on the pushchair u see
    oh and there is no sound my cam dont do sound hehe
    [​IMG]

2. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

firtsly bab looks gorgeous

there definately should be a crossing on that road, it's awful :shock:

3. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Not that you should have to but I'd follow it round the bend a little and then cross. Tell the council, nothing ventured nothing gained!

bubby looks lovely :D

4. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

I'd definitely get in touch with the council I wouldn't fancy trying to cross that road.

5. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

id do wot lou sed or is it just a very bendy roady

6. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

the problem with going around the corner is that u then hav the same problem with the traffic coming the other way. at the point where i cross theres an island in the middle so i only hav to look one way when crossing (around that stupid corner) but around the corner not only do i STILL hav to look around that corner (its almost a crescent) but i also hav to look round the other corner too! :roll:
    it wouldnt be so bad if all them stupid cars werent parked there blocking the view :x

7. HappyAlice

HappyAlice Well-Known Member

oh my gosh there should definitely be some kind of crossing there - looks dangerous!!!

8. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

Fook me :shock: :shock: :shock: Is there no zebra crossing???????? I'd send it to the council because I couldn't see that car coming round the corner...

Ahhhh lil baby girl looks soooo sweet.... :D

9. mum2A&L

mum2A&L Well-Known Member

:shock: i hate having to push alice out in front of me at roads like that! i pull her behind me, so i can see without putting her at risk.

Def say something to them! hope yours is better than mine. Ive complained to mine about a road near me, but no comeback yet :wall: [/img]

10. PinkPunch

PinkPunch Well-Known Member

Trixi- shes so sweet sleeping away there while mummy looks out for her safety :D Little does she know!

11. glitzyglamgirl

glitzyglamgirl Well-Known Member

aw bless she looks soooooo cute!!!

looked like you legged it across that road which I would have done too, it looks awful!

I live not only on a blind bend, but a blind bend in a country road, and weve already had someone smash into the back of our car, and a gilr was thrown off her horse not so long ago as a car came round the corner and startled the horse. I suggested to a nieghbour that we ask the council for either a speed bump (you wouldnt believe how fast some idiots in big lorries bound for the farm pelt around that corner) or a road mirror, but apparantly they said no as they are dangerous :shock:

Perhaps you could ask the council politely, and if you dont get a positive response you could get a petition going with the locals.