I had literally given up - and then......

About time

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post on this site. I used another site previously when I started trying .to conceive almost 2 years ago but I haven't posted here before.

I have been ttc for two years. I had a miscarriage nearly 8 years ago so I was worried I had damaged my uterus when I was scraped out afterwards. I also have PCOS so thngs werent really in my favour.

ANYWAY - to cut to the chase, yesterday, I did a clear blue pregnancy test because I thought my period was coming but the dark spotting didnt turn into the normal flow. In fact it sort of just disappeared. My breasts were absolutely excruciating but then thats nothing different to my normal pre-menstrual symptoms. PREGNANT. The digital monitor displayed this very quickly. I started to shake a little because I really had given up all hope and had literally just made the appointment with the gynae clinic to start testing my fertility.

The test then displayed 2-3 in the window, indicating it thinks I am 2-3 weeks past conception. I must say this is a little confusing because I have since done 3 more tests in the last 24 hours and 2 say 2-3 weeks and 2 say 1-2 weeks.

Sitting here still a little numb and very aware that its extremely early days. So I can't tell anyone. But I think it is ok to tell you guys because we are all in the same situation. I haven't even thought what happens next.

Phew - if anyone is in the same situation, just got a BFP then please write back. Without being able to tell anyone yet it can feel very lonely and frustrating.

Lots of love

~Laura x x x

Big congrats Laura

A well deserved BFP

xx

Fantastic news hun!!! So pleased for you! I reckon the diff in tests is the mIu - maybe that's throwing the timing xxx

Hmmm, I am confused about the timing the clearblue is throwing out - but from what I have read online, they are really just a guestimate and can be a week out either way.
I dont know how I feel about it right now. I think because I was so used to seeing negatives for so many many months, that seeing the positive has actually sent fear through me. I hope this is normal and just shock! I also hope it stays put, only time will tell x

Congratulations, wish you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

That's fab news congratulations x

congrats thats fab news xxxxx

Congratulations honey, I'm sure it's just shock, that's natural xxx

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! And welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks all - can I ask a question: If you are already testing positive, then is it too late for a little tiny bit of dark spotting to be implantation bleeding? Any thoughts appreciated? x

its prob fluctuation in weeks because of the strength of your urine go off the 1 that was your first morning urine :)

its ok to have spotting early on it just mean the baby it getting a good grip on your lining and prob trying to get deeper thius throwing out the odd bit of blood

oh and a huge congratulations

Thanks for this - the bleeding isn't any heavier its extremely light and sometimes not there at all. Is it likely to mean that I am earlier on if I am experiencing slight bleeding?
Do you know at what point an early pregnancy scan can pick anything up? x

well if the test says you are 2-3 that means your are 4-5 weeks pregnant some hospitals wont scan until after 8 weeks but if you have bleeding to the point where its really noticable they will scan earlier i had 3 large bleeds on my ds and i got scan at 6 weeks and he was there with heartbeat but everyone is different on when the baby shows on the scan so i think they dont like scanning before 8 weeks because it can cause the mum to worry if nothing is found as for bleed normally brown blood is ok and pretty common red blood throughout pregnancy can happen too i had 3 large red bleeds but all was ok as there was no clots and no cramps with the blood
if you take another cb in say a week it will proberly say 3+weeks this is what happened on me this time :) try not to worry to much and just relax
are you having any pregnancy symptoms as these are good to track that all is well and can reasure mum to be but tbh other than sore boobs ive had nothing symptom wise

just thought id add is the bleeding goes more than spotting just give the dr a ring and he will be able to tell you where to go from there or your local epu at the hospital x

Congrats to you, wishing you a happy and healthy nine months x

Thats really helpful thanks. I have got very sore boobs, worse in the morning, and they are huge! Well, for me they are, I am normally a small C cup and tnd they are now a D. Veins prominently blue around the chest area too. This started on Xmas eve. No other symptoms apart from sleeping for longer and quite a bit more picky about what I fancy to eat.
How is yours going? So you said you has three bleeds? As in red heavy blood? I miscarried a long time ago at 11 weeks but within 12 hours it was very obvious what was happening. So you are well on your way now though? Baby number five?
If you have any tips please let me know. So far, I have just bought the vits and am trying to get advice on what to do re exercise regime x x

Ah congrats hun. I had some light bleeding at 6 weeks and was scanned at 6+3 and babs was there with HB flickering away, there was no explanation for the bleeding.

Call your EPU if you are concerned chick x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back