I felt a foot!

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
Last night, I was on the computer minding my own business when I got this prodding in my left side, It wasn't 'painful' just more or less 'ow something is poking me'. It was a very funny feeling. OH had a feel and jumped in suprise when he could feel something in the EXACT same place I could feel something. Lots of smiles last night, OH kissed my bump too :love:

I told my mum about it today and she said that whilst pregnant with me and my siblings, we always used to wiggle about to the reaction of water being splashed on my mums belly e.g. a bath. I decided to see if it would have the same effect on me so I went for a shower, and as I was washing/admiring my bump for a few minutes I felt something nudge me in the same place as last night!! :dance:It made me smile a lot, I even got out of the shower just to tell my mum :lol:

Was also sitting down about half an hour ago when I felt a little niggle in the same place but not as apparent as the two other times it's happened.

Now, I am very slim and my bump is very noticable, but I'm only 12 + 4 days pregnant (according to the hospital). If it was my calculations/internet calculations I'd be 13 + 4 days pregnant. Is it too early to feel any movement yet? It was definitely not a kick but something is definitely prodding me on that side of my belly, the other side of my belly is more or less flat.

Opinions? :D

Last edited:
I felt tickles from 16 weeks, kicks around 18 and oh felt a kick at 28 weeks. Until I could see my tummy visibly moving is when he felt Isla.

I'm not sure how early you can feel baby, I was a size 8/10 before I had Isla and I think I was pretty late in realising what was and wasn't her.

I'm sure other ladies will confirm what they felt and when it happened for them.

Emma x

I've been feeling this one since 13 weeks and am also fairly slim, my tiny bump is just baby so Im sure its easier to feel as last time i piled the weight on and didnt feel my daughter till later on, or this much. It's nice isn't it? You will notice it more and more now!

Is this your first baby? Because I read up that a lot of 2nd time expectant mums report movement as early as 10/11wks.

But they also say that if you're slim you feel the baby earlier and that quite a lot of women (First time and second, third etc..) report feeling movement from 12wks onwards so there is a big chance it is baby letting you know they are there!

I really hope it is because that's amazing! ^_^

I just noticed as well Tiff that you live pretty close to me!

Last edited:
It took a while for any body to be able to feel my LO kick but I felt her move from 16 weeks bang on. I think it takes quite alot of effort for the kicks to be felt by someone else, usually from about 20 weeks Id imagine, maybe your OH felt a twitch? You may have felt baby, although it is very early on for a first pregnancy, but it can happen, but I do think it's probably a bit early for OH to have felt LO x

Last edited:
OH didn't feel a kick or movement by the way, he just prodded it a bit and could feel something in the same place I could feel it (at the same time).

It's my first pregnancy but I've just spoken to my friend who has a little girl and she's told me that she felt her daughter at 11 weeks! :shock:

Yes it was definitely not a kick, not powerful enough :p just a 'poke' more or less to say "I'm here mum!" :D Looking at my scan picture also, I think baby has a thing for putting it's legs up.. Oh dear, I'm going to have a thumper aren't I?

24-05-2011112740.jpg

xxx

Last edited:
I love that scan pic! His/her foot is so prompt!

I think every pregnancy is different Hun. When I saw my baby at 12 weeks we couldn't believe how much of a wriggler it was ESP when I couldn't feel a thing, my OH found it hilarious! But lately I've been feeling flutters, a bit like butterflies in the tummy. So cute.
But defo everyone is different and its brilliant that your noticing it early on :) x

Aah that's awesome picture of baby! Looks so snug and happy! Is he/she sucking their thumb?

Ahah I'm not sure :lol: I definitely see that hand though! I would love to see baby now, that scan was at 10 weeks 6 days, I'm sure baby will be much bigger now at 12 weeks 4 days.

I love the foot too ema-lou <3 I think I'm going to have a little kicker on my hands.
xxx

Eee I bet! They grow so quickly its unreal! And I can't get over how human they look so early into pg! I'd expected them to stay more alien looking for longer, lol don't know why..

Do you have your 12wk scan date yet?

Last edited:
It's amazing isn't it. My friend just lost her baby at 9 weeks and someone had the cheek to say to her 'it wasn't human anyway'. Of course it's human!

My baby's eyes on the scan pic were on the side at the time but apparently they're on the front of the head now, I'd love to see it.

Well technically that scan was my 12 week scan. I calculated (and got told by my midwife) that I was 11 weeks 6 days but at the scan they put me a week back so instead of being 11 weeks 6 days, I was 10 weeks 6 days :(

Now I've gotta wait til my 18-20 week scan to see baby again, which is upsetting but it's only around 6 weeks away, I had to wait 6 weeks for my first scan so I think I'll be alright with this wait as well. I'm just looking forward to seeing baba again <3 Have you had your scan date yet? xxx

That really is cheek!! Oh the ignorance of some people really does get on my wick!! What a horrible thing to say!

Ah right, must have sucked being told you had an extra week to wait for babba! but I'm sure you'll be fine till the next scan. Patience is a virtue and all that :p lol

Nah still no word of when.... I won't be 12wks till the end of this month though so got some time yet xxx

I didn't get my scan date until 1/2 weeks before the scan itself (annoying) but I'm very happy the way it went and I couldn't ask for a better experience. Baby rolled over onto it's side which was amazing to watch.

I hope your scan goes well lovely. And yes it sucked A LOT! I was expecting them to put me forward perhaps but got the complete opposite :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back