I feel scared/overwhelmed

Andrianne

Reaction score
My pregnancy was not planned. I'd say the timing is wrong

I'm still struggling with my feelings and they seem to change every hour which is affecting my decision

I feel so scared and so overwhelmed by everything. So many changes in my life, will I be able to cope? Will I regret it? Will I regret deciding to continue this pregnancy?

Am I complete enough to have a baby? Or do I want the baby to complete my life? Am I ready? How do I know if I'm ready?

I know most of you were in long-term relationships and you were actually trying for a baby so you probably didn't experience any of that

But is there anyone that had similar feelings when they found out they were pregnant? Is it normal or a cause for concern?

I'm 6 weeks today. And I will need to make a decision soon. I've always thought that when it happened, it'd be a happy thing in my life, not struggling to make a decision

Any feedback/ advice is appreciated

thank you

I think everyone has your worries hun wether in a relationship or not, it a ver life changing decision and i think you would be strange not to be scared, i know i was with bth mine and the same sort of worries went through my head :hug:

Andrianne said:
My pregnancy was not planned. I'd say the timing is wrong

I'm still struggling with my feelings and they seem to change every hour which is affecting my decision

I feel so scared and so overwhelmed by everything. So many changes in my life, will I be able to cope? Will I regret it? Will I regret deciding to continue this pregnancy?

Am I complete enough to have a baby? Or do I want the baby to complete my life? Am I ready? How do I know if I'm ready?

I know most of you were in long-term relationships and you were actually trying for a baby so you probably didn't experience any of that

But is there anyone that had similar feelings when they found out they were pregnant? Is it normal or a cause for concern?

I'm 6 weeks today. And I will need to make a decision soon. I've always thought that when it happened, it'd be a happy thing in my life, not struggling to make a decision

thank you

I'm in a relationship, and was TTC.. but its still a major shock, and as im still young i've had all of your emotions.. i was going mad last night cryin sayin i'm on 19.. what have i done! but trust is i know i'll make an excellent mummy, and i'll do anythin to make everything perfect..

We decided we wanted a baby for def last Sep... but before we'd talked about it on and off becasue my OH is 26..

I know exactly how your feeling, because if tho i was TTC and POAS and lucking to the light to try see a line, wanting it SOO badly! When i saw the BFP, my head started to panic about every minor thing...

You have to do what you makes you happy..

And being a Mum is very scary (and dad)

But you can do it, family/friends will support you, so will we...

Chin up babe... PM if want to talk...

You'll be fine promise xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

I ccan relate to how you are feeling adrianne, my baby wasnt planned as in a fairly new relationship and I have gone through all those emotions and more but never had a doubt that I wouldnt keep my baby - but everyone is different.

I have recently made the decision to split from my BF as we are not right for each other and I need to ensure that the baby is brought into the happiest environment.

You will get there hun... its very scarey I admit but everything will work out for the best.

xx

I was in a fairly new relationship when I fell pregnant unplanned, I went through all those same emotions. Not only are hormones playing a big part your right a baby is a massive thing and I think every woman finds it scary when they find out. It shows you already care about your baby though, your already concerned about the life you can provide. Things do work out, you manage regardless of your situation and honestly a baby is an amazing thing and you'll be ok :hug:

Andrianne said:
My pregnancy was not planned. I'd say the timing is wrong - Is there ever a right timing?!

So many changes in my life, will I be able to cope? - Yes! You just will... There's no explanation but all the mums I've spoken to say you just do, it comes naturally and you know your baby better than anyone.

Will I regret it? - You won't know until the baby is born, but it's unlikely I would have thought?

Will I regret deciding to continue this pregnancy? - I doubt it when you see baby on the screen! Amazing feeling..

Am I complete enough to have a baby? - Is anyone!?

Or do I want the baby to complete my life? - Only you know the answer to this one...

Am I ready? - Are any of us?

How do I know if I'm ready? - You won't know.. You'll probably never know!

I know most of you were in long-term relationships and you were actually trying for a baby so you probably didn't experience any of that. But is there anyone that had similar feelings when they found out they were pregnant? - I did, not for long I'll be honest but the thought did enter my head for a day or two

Is it normal or a cause for concern? Very! If you do keep this baby, you have thought long and hard about what's best for everyone.

thank you

I really do hope that whatever decision you make, it is YOUR decision 100%.

None of us here can help you make that decision unfortunately, but we can answer any concerns you might have.

Have a read in "Ask A Mum" section... Someone in there has posted about their concerns and about abortion etc and has received lots of replies which might help you too :hug:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back