I feel like a failure - is anyone else the same?

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm 10 weeks pregnant and sick as a dog. I can't stomach breakfast and I spend my dinner hour wandering around M&S aimlessly until something tickles my fancy that I think I might be able to stomach.

7 months ago after horrendous problems with IBS I gave up all meat and dairy and became a vegan. My whole life radically changed. My digestive problems disappeared along with my migraines, eczema, spots and I lost a load of weight. My energy levels were through the roof and everyone commented on how much I 'sparkled'.

Since getting pregnant and constantly feeling so sick I cannot stomach my usual diet of fruit and vegetables, grains, nuts and pulses. I seem to live off ginger ale, sweets, crisps and chippy teas! I feel so guilty about this because this is a time when I should be fuelling my body for my baby's development.

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest! Is anyone else the same? This sickness is killing me!!!

(If anyone knows how I make that pregnology thing work at the bottom of this can you let me know?!)

Thanks for reading xxx

Hello hun, you can join me in the very sick club. I just have terrible nausea with dry heaving, no actual vomiting. I have been signed off work for a week to try and get it to settle. I too am living off ginger beer, dried ginger, ginger nuts and anything that i can stomach. I'm so tired but to scared to go to sleep as I dont want to wake up sick again.

Pity us!

xxxx

I'm a dry retcher too!

I spend my mornings leaning over the toilet bowl dribbling into it whilst suffering from 'wet mouth'!

Did you manage to get signed off?

x

Hey my sister was a vegitarian for about 10 years before she got pregnant and had the worst craving for bacon ever. She tried everything to simulate bacon without eating the actual thing but nothing worked! x she eventually gave in and ate her first bacon butty. x I say listen to your body, if you find you want certain things, eat them, you can always go back to vegan life once you feel better or after you've had baby x don't feel bad, sometimes we give ourselves too much of a hard time x oh and pregnology thing-copy the bbcode into your signature box and it should work x

Heh, sounds like we're one and the same, I cant stop drooling! Lol! I have a special bowl that I carry around the house with me, I think my OH just rolls his eyes and finds it mildly discusting. He says that he's suffering sympathy drooling as he's been feeling sick too, hehe. My GP couldnt give me any tablets as apparently they only work for people who are actually vomiting. Try vitimin B6 and ginger tablets, apparently they work. I havn't had a chance to go get any myself yet. I am finding that soup is always a success, not very convenient at work though :S

xx

PS - how on earth do you get that pregnology thing to work?

Girls I was exactly the same- felt sick all the time- food shopping made me I'll and dry wretching. The good news was that it pretty much vanished at 12 weeks. I lived off curries and chippy meals and mcdonalds but as long as you are taking multivitamins and drinking plenty of water bub should be able to get everything it needs. X

Water... you've just reminded me to refill my glass! Thanks!

Does folic acid make anyone else awfully nauseous? As soon as I take my pregnacare I feel awful for about 2 hours after.

I take mine right before i go to bed so im not sure. It does make me very thirsty I know that. Apparently lemons are good for nausea too, just sniffing the smell of a fresh cut lemon apparently works, the only problem is, if this is all down to our mouths watering, woudn't that make it worse, lol.

hi there im the same, such bad 24 hr nausea never actually sick although wish i was to get some relief. my diet before wasnt terribly healthy but since the nausea all i seem to eat is soup and fruit yoghurts toast etc to try and help, so i think your just wanting the things u dont usually eat, dont worry your baby will still get all its nutrients good luck and if u find anything that helps let me know, i suffered ibs after i had my 1st born and have had stomach problems since xx

I know what you mean about feeling bad for the baby, I was hoping I'd get cravings for healthy things but all I can stomach are supernoodles at the moment...very nutritious! :)

Same here too.

During my 1st pregnancy, I was sick for 2 months, and couldn't stomach anything.

This time around, I'm not as nauseous and can eat more, but only really want to eat junk food.

I think our bodies are geared up for this time in the pregnancy, and as long as we eat something, it's all good. Once the morning sickness passes, you can go back onto healthy food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back