i dont want to offend anyone or sound like a ungreatful kid but..

isobel84

Reaction score
i dont know how to put this really but..
im scared.
Everything has been going smoothly, no complecations and i been feeling good (except alot of pains lately).
But this is the thing.. its not "me" to have it smoothly like this.. Its like im expectiong something to happend..
Im not a girl with luck.. so cuz everything been going so well so far im thinking.. well.. i prob still got it to come..
Im ashamed that i feel like this and i know how lucky i am really.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why.. when you walk in to my flat.. you could never see im about to having a baby.. EVERYTHING is packed away. nothing is really organised..

My mum says to me ofcourse it will be ok.. and shes prob right.. but bad things always happends to someone and no1 really thinks it will happend to them..

I really hope i have not offend anyone.. its just that its scaring me.
all i want is Noa to come to the world healthy and happy.

I think its normal to think something could go wrong. Its only hit me today though after consultant yesterday scaring me today iv been crying thinking i could harm my baby because i wasnt induced when they wanted me to be :( and what if anything happens to me during the birth. Its highly unlikely anything will happen but i know how your feeling. x

i totally understand how you feel because i feel exactly the same im so scared im not gona have my baby that i almost detatch myself from it i go thru the motions and buy everything but it all too good to be true

i think its a very normal feeling to have as a few people have horror stories, just take everything in your stride and im sure it will all work out ok. im scared for some things too, it is worrying but your little noa is going to be the cutest little thing in the world and you will love him so much!! i think its good youve had an uncomplicated pregnancy, means there arent any problems and im sure hes fine :D x

I think we all go through it hun, I know I am! Im such a pessimist I always think something is gonna go wrong with everything I do and cause this is something so big and amazing it worries me more than ever!
It helps that my OH is an optimist and is always looking on the bright side of everything! Try speaking to your OH Im sure he'd be more than happy to reassure you all the time.
I know exactly how you feel hun, if you ever need a chat just PM me :)

Oh hunni, i think we can all understand what your going through and its nothing to be ashamed of :(

i've had the opposite and had quite a bad pregnancy but even when i had no complications (ie probably about 1 month in tri2 where i was comfy and happy lol) i still worried over everything to nothing, i even worried that i wouldnt be a loving mum (which looking back is crazy cause i cant wait to meet him!!)

I've only just got myself organised for baby because i started having contractions and when they stopped i thought right thats it i need to get myself and the baby sorted - that was this week!! lol

You'll be fine hunni and its a bonus that your having a nice pregnancy :) xxxx

thats exactly how i was feeling yesterday, im expecting something to go wrong, i think as everyone else is saying, its normal to feel that way, we will always want to protect our children from the moment they were conceived until your last breath in your body has gone..

You'll be fine :) x

Yep totally understand - esp when me and OH were talking about the birth plan after our hospital trip and it suddenly dawned on me i will have to go to hospital to have the baby and as early as 6 hours later i will be going home with nugget to hopefully our new house (we should move in next week)!!! I then started to panic as to how i'd cope, will i know what to do etc etc!!!

I think everyone goes through it though!!!

Its totally natural to feel this way hunny. When i was pregnant with lucas i constantly expected something to go wrong as i had been so lucky with my other two in the way of no complications i just thought my luck was going to run out and something bad would happen.

Try and relax chick and if you can't, were always here to listen to your worries xx

I feel exactly the same! I am always thinking something is going to go wrong and I can't actually imagine myself with a baby.... I have been so hesitant about buying anything.

Sorry - got no suggestions to make you feel better but you're definitely not the only one feeling like this.

I'm totally like this too - it was such amazing timing that I got my BFP 3 days before I was supposed to be going to sea for 3 months and I can't fully believe that I am that lucky, don't want to count my chickens etc!! Just keep on praying that LO comes into the world healthy.
You're not alone :)

Totally normal and we all do it at some point in pregnancy if not most points!

I would say try to allow yourself to get excited about Noa coming, and get your things organised at home, and yuor baby bits out , you have no control over what happens, No a will be just fine and healthy, but you need to enjoy your pregnancy as it really will be over in a flash Hun X

thanks girls.. most of times im happy but im still nervous and anxious!
And im sure it wont go away as a new mum to a gorgeous little healthy baby either.. :)
Im so lucky to be given this!

Welcome to the world of motherhood Isobel :)
All these feelings are so normal hun, we mums worry about everything and when theres nothing to worry about we worry about that too!
Youre not alone so just relax and enjoy growing your baby. xxx

This was EXACTLY how I felt from day one Hun

Aw hun, I'm sure everything will be fine. It's a big thing, so it's natural to be a bit freaked out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back