I cant stop buying baby clothes.....Help me

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Yet again i bought baby clothes. Brian is going to kill me.

Went to Asda this morning before work as i had time to kill, and bought a pink sun dress and hat,
A really cute pair of combats and a Tigger T-shirt short set, I dont even know if im having a boy or a girl yet.

Trying to justify to mysellf its because we are going on a Xmas/New year holiday and i wont be able to get summer stuff then, :oops:

No need for justification when shopping for gorgeous baby clothes!!!!

Just remember you will probably get bought and be given loads so don't overdo it too much, i remember with my last two i ended up with gorgeous outifts that hadn't even been worn that they had outgrown we got bought soo much.

I am trying to concentrate on the essentials, vests, sterliser, bottle warmers, sheets, cribs, etc. etc. all the things you don't get bought

i got some bargains in asda yesterday!
a little denim jacket & hoody for 50p! but yeah, if i had the time & the money i think i'd be non-stop buying, too!

i am trying to be a good girl, im not buying any more baby clothes, now, i have the essentials in neuteral colours so now just buying non clothing things.

I love looking for baby clothes - but have refrained from buying anything else as i know we will (and have!) had loads bought for us! :D

LOL.. and i thought i was bad. I dont know what im having either so have bought a few unisex clothes. I was a bit silly though as my friends have given me tons of baby grows aswell. Just enjoy it!

Claire x

Is this your first baby?

I remember buying EVERYTHING I saw when I was having my first (not meant to sound patronising) and having loads of unworn clothes... people kept saying "he won't wear them, they live in baby grows" but I knew better.

I'm now far too sensible :wink: and talk myself out of everything I see.... until the Next sale in the morning :dance:

So... if you can afford it and it makes you happy then crack on!!

H x x

Aww i know how you feel, last month i bought two really cute unisex babygrows, a lemon vest and a little matching set of three (hat, socks and scratch mits) just so i can have a little something to look at and i know there essentials so they will get used alot.

Because i live in Canada, im having a baby shower thrown for me next month (when i will hopefully know the sex, and moved into our new house) its a huge calebration here and people give you hundreds of dollars or gifts for baby its so amazing how generous everyone is when it comes to babies and everyone chips in together. it pretty much sets you up and you only have to get the last little bits! :dance: there will be so many toys, clothes and newborn things! i wasn t even going to have a shower but my girlfriends have apparently been planning for months ha! were even having babys cot bought for us but not meant to know yet :shhh: and thats only from my best friend! plus our scan is in two weeks to so im holding back until then.

I already have the pushchair as i bought it for a rediculous price on sale in a big clearance (meant to be $270 got it for $80 which is only about £37!! :shock: brand new!) its a really cute tandam with carseat for newborn and a seat in front for DD its in beige.. so adorable!

With DD i never had a baby shower but bought huge ammount of clothes and bits but got alot of babygrows vests and cardys so couldnt really go wrong and used pretty much everything all the cute dresses and stuff i had bought for us i hardly used because baby likes comfort and sleeps all day :) anyway im gonna stop rambling now :wink: xx

I'm finding it really hard to buy clothes. we don't know what we're having so I can't get girl/boy outfits and we're having an october baby and most of the clothes in the shops are summer clothes at the minute which will be no use to us in October!!

I've stuck with buying the bare essentials of neeutral vests and sleepsuits and just a couple of neutral outfits and I'll get the rest when the baby is here

I'm just getting my last lot of baby clothes from a lady on this forum :lol:
I already have some at home and some on the way I already order :roll:

I've got plenty of 0-3months now with the odd new born in there (coz I know they wont last so long but expect a fairly small baby).

The work colleague giving me the moses basket has dug out some nuteral clothes to throw in with it - which is nice of them coz they've had girls so far so I didn't ask for or expect anything like that.
I also have a distant relation who's had 2 boys and now got 0-6months all outgrown....but we rarely see them so I didn't want to bank on getting the clothes before baby was born and got enough to comfortably get by with :D

I really shouldn't buy anymore now and I'm just waiting until a week on monday when I get paid and can order all the big stuff from mothercare :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back