Maternity clothes - help needed?

X5OT

Reaction score
Hi all :D

Right, am starting to panic a wee bit about getting maternity clothes for the summer. We are off on hols mid June, so I thought I would order some bits from NEXT. I rang them up last week and they had NONE of the 4 items I wanted in stock!! And that was from their spring/summer catalogue :roll:

I have ordered a pair of jeans from Isabella Oliver, and bought a few items in Blooming Marvellous at the weekend, but I am at a bit of a loss now. I really need to find some clothes for the summer - bump not showing yet, but am so bloated with gas that I need to start making a move on changing my clothes now.

Where do you guys all buy your stuff from? And does anyone know where I can find maternity shorts??

Thanks in advance!

i get most of mine from next and dorothy perkins, dorothy perkins are lovely and a perfect fit for me

Hennes do quite a lot of maternity stuff. and so so Debenhams, thinkl it's the 'red herring' range

Evans and Ebay but then i'm a fat lass anyway :roll:

I've been getting all of mine on line as I'm on crutches with the SPD and can't get out. I've found Seraphine, Crave Maternity and La Redoute all pretty good.

i havent brought many really. pair of jeans from newlook, couple of tops and thats about it. ive just brought a few things in a bigger size, as i didnt want to spend loads on clothes that wouldnt fit me propperly after, and £30 for a pair of trousers when you could buy some in a bigger size for £10

The majority of my maternity clothes are from Dorothy Perkins, which I've found to be a good fit and at a reasonable price. I also bought a few items from TopShop. I tried on some of the maternity clothes from Hennes but I found the tops too tight (I like them loose around the bump) and the trousers too long (I'm quite short).

Have you tried www.jojomamanbebe.com ?
They have some lovely stuff for pregnant mums and babies - free postage and have always delivered promptly to me. Have good sales too if you catch them at the right time!

Have just checked - they do maternity shorts:
http://www.jojomamanbebe.com/detailgrou ... gory=BEC71

or

http://www.jojomamanbebe.com/detailgrou ... gory=BEC71

Otherwise, the only place I got maternity shorts (2 years ago now) was blooming marvellous - they were pretty unattractive though! :rotfl:

Good luck with your search and have a great holiday!

I got mine from Dorethy perkins, peacocks and debenhams.

This sounds like a total cop out but maternity shorts are so expensive for what they are I found a cheap alternative: Matalan. They do just cotton/jersey type shorts for £3 a pair. They do size 8-26 in them and as silly as it sounds I just went up about 4 sizes and chanced they would be ok....oh they are GREAT!!! I went back on Sunday and bought another 2 pairs, sounds like a cheap cop out but they really are good, just cheapie summer shorts but hey I'll be wearing them for what 2 months then having to pass them on anyway, pointless spending £20 per pair because they say "maternity" on the label!! Just an idea!!

Other maternity clothes I've bought from Next, Dorothy Perkins, Marks & Spencer, ebay, www.funmum.com, some shops over in the states (buy around $50 worth of stuff (about £25) and they usually ship to you for free or for just pennies if they do charge you). Also bought a few bits from catalogues like Littlewoods, Kays etc - those types of catalogues are all the same though so what you get in one is what comes in the other anyway - look at them online instead of ordering the catalogues type thing, they also tell you before ordering whether they are in stock still or not. I loved the maternity bits I have from Next but I ordered VERY early from the spring/summer catalogue and have to say they always run our early and yesterday in a huge branch I caught sight of the preview catalogue for Autumn/winter so it's no wonder they are selling out of spring/summer things already. Their eye is on the next catalogue due out shortly.

Hope that helps! :hug:

This pregnancy i am loving new look maternity range. i am also on holiday mid june and bought so cropped linin white trousers from new look £12!! and two vests £4 each.

I just cant justifi spending £30 on trousers u will be wearing for the next 5 months!!!

xxxxx

Why not just go to a normal clothing outlet e.g. Dorothy perkins, etam etc and buy bigger sizes. You add the name ‘maternity’ and the clothes prices go up like 25%!

As for coming abroad, just buy sarongs, thin shorts etc, believe me, if you are going to any place in the med during June, you won’t be worry what to where, you’ll just want to wear less as possible!

H&M Have a nice range, as do New Look and Peacocks :)

WOW! Thanks for all the replies :D

Looks like that's next weekend sorted out for me! Shopping!!

hi hun i have bought all my maternity clothes off ebay and some from dorothy perkins have you thought about looking in shops for elasticated trousers and skirts there are a lot of them about this summer in shops like primark, M&S, topshop etc. they may not be maternity but because a lot of the fashion this summer is elasticated they will fit perfect and will be a lot cheaper than buying maternity. i would have a look around hun

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back