i can't concentrate at work!

petchy

Reaction score
i'm having a really bad week at work this week. i have loads on but can't concentrate on things for more than 5 minutes, which causes problems! since i felt baby move "properly" i haven't even been remotely interested in doing any work, i get distracted every time i feel a "pop"!

i also have alot of other things on my mind (personal stuff, not work) which also distracts me. i'm a designer and am supposed to be crative - HELP!!!! if someone finds my creativity, kindly return it to me! :roll:

Hi Petchy

I know how you feel its difficult trying to concentrate sometimes, you wait until you feel the movements really strong and constant :lol: its great and love it but it does kinda take your mind off other things!!!

So, what are you trying to design? maybe we could throw a few ideas at you to help you get back to concentrating :?:

Natalie x

Maybe it's cause you are on here when you are supposed to be being 'creative'!!!

I know what you mean though - I remember with my first and being at work, I used to spend most of my day daydreaming and the other half on the internet looking up 'baby stuff'. I think it was the least productive 9 months of my life except the baby was well prepared for :wink:

I hope you find your creativity but in the meantime enjoy every little 'pop' and I hope the other distractions in your life soon smooth over hun.

Much love

I found my concentration retuned with a vengeance on Bank Holiday Monday - typical!!! I'm making the most of it while I can and working extra hours cos I know I'll be back in dream mode next week. I even dreamt about work last night - something I'd puzzled over for hours yesterday and the answer came to me in a dream - husband got a bit annoyed that I was searching for notepaper in the dark though :-/

I hope the other problems sort themselves out soon. Have you tried letting the distractions help with the design? Just hope the clients don't mind having floating babies and popping bubbles in their creatives!!

Tracy xx

Aw hun, Im not surprised your now feeling creative, you've got a lot on your mind right now.
My OH is a designer, he tends to keep inspiring objects that he finds interesting on his desk (incl a scan picture!) and various design books, I know when he is having a bit of a block he just chills out on the sofa at work and flicks through some books, that way its relaxing too.
I dont know how laid back your company is, but perhaps you could sit outside in the sunshine and thumb leasurly through some books, that way you could get a bit of fresh air and relax as well as tying to inspire some creative juices. Im sore your employers would be understanding if you had a little chat with them.

Yeah i know what u mean i cant concentrate on school at all, my collage adviser has put me off school till after the baby is born, good for the babie crappy for me w as hopin to get my term done pre-baby well all i can do is sit and eat and enjoy this wonderful time!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back