Feeling crap :-(

lb1787

Reaction score
Sorry to be having a moan but I just feel really really crap.
I have no energy whatsoever, I find my self getting out of breath just walking up the stairs and I'm so so tired!!
Most nights I have a glass of warm milk to help me sleep but that doesn't seem to be helping, I can't get comfortable and end up tossing and turning all night.
I go to bed at 9-9.30 cause I just can't stay up any longer but I can't remember the last time I had a really good sleep! Doesn't help when I'm on late shift at work I don't finish til 10.30, get home around 11 - way past when I usually go to bed!
I was supposed to work on saturday, got to work at 6am and left by 7, I couldn't concentrate, was feeling sick and had a bit of a tummy ache (am also suffering with constipation).
I just don't know what to do with myself half the time, I feel spaced out and not with it :-(

Makes me feel better to get it off my chest though!! If anyone has any ideas for increasing my energy levels they'd be greatly received!!

I could do with some advice on this too!

Seriously though it might be worth a visit to your GP as a lot of your symptoms (tiredness, out of breath easily etc) could be caused by low blood pressure or anaemia. If nothing else, at least you can put your mind at rest?

Take care hun :hug:

I called my GP surgery after posting the message - they have no appointments til 25th Jan even though I explained to the receptionist why I needed the appointment!!
My antenatal care is consultant shared and I have my first consultant app on the 23rd so guess I'll have to wait til then. I'm beginning to think i might be anaemic after reading up about it.
I also have an underactive thyroid for which I take medication - could be that my dose is not strong enough at the moment.

I think it's disgusting that you can't get an appointment until then!

Hope you get sorted soon :hug:

I blitzed my house upstairs this morning and i'm ssooooo tired now that I can't get up :cry:

That so stupid ive never heard of having to wait THAT long for an appointment. :x Mabye a weeks but 2 weeks?. That can not be legal :? to put you off that long they can not justify this noone is allowed to book appointments so far in advance so i dont understand how they can be boked up till the 25th. :? :?
Id ring back and try agian evwen better go in and make it clear you need to see someone NOW take no prisoners hon. You health means everything id evewn go as far as to put your self on tempory residence with another docs. That what i did.
My docs where (oh you cant have anything to help you breathing) i had terrible nasal blockage for 2 months, causing my athama to play up badly. So when i went up home for xmas i went to the docs there they give me a prescribed nasal spray and now i can breath agian ive stopped wheezing, coughing and i now sleep through the night with out waking up chocking and fighting for breath. And the nasal spay has not hurt the baby at all.
:hug: Lol Sarah

After feeling really crappy last night, I called NHS direct who advised me to see my GP.
Called my surgery this morning and explained what was wrong and that the nurse at NHS direct said I needed it checked out today (a much nicer receptionist this time!), I had a call back from one of the nurses, she gave me an appointment with her.
She thinks I have a virus so has signed me off for a week (my boss wasn't very impressed), checked my blood pressure which was low and took blood samples for anaemia and glucose - I get the results tom.
Hopefully I can just relax and rest for the next week and recuperate!

Hope u feel better soon

Put your feet up and relax - don't worry about work

I am glad you got in to see the docs and they gave you some time off work.
I hope you feel better soon
Lol Sarah :hug:

Glad you got a nicer receptionist and a nurse who sounds like she took you seriously

in reply to someone earlier it is very easy for a surgery to be fully booked for routine appointments 2 weeks ahead - but slots are always retained for acute problems - not necessarily emergencies but things that cant wait (a pregnant woman feeling unwell fits that category in my book) the problem is not all receptionists are good at realising what can wait and what cant - which is why it is always worth ringing back and hoping to speak to someone else and also be bolshy if you have to - if you feel ill and know you need to be seen - you need to be seen - end of!!

I am feeling pretty rubbish too at the moment - I just dont bloom in pregnancy at all - I have a cold which doesnt help - think I am probably anaemic but havent had a chance to check - get out of breath walking round the house, cant sleep, cant eat much but always hungry and feeling sick - just dont do pregnancy very well I guess! oh well 15 weeks to go then the fun really starts :D :D

one final thing - make sure you are drinking enough - it is very easy when pregnant to cut fluids as otherwise you end up on the loo so much especially at night but dehydration is a common cause of feeling as you described and as fluid requirements increase in pregnancy you should drink more not less

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back