I am so confused with all this baby stuff

bexxie

Reaction score
Hi

What a nightmare! Got my pram/pushchair (bugaboo) and cot bed left from DD. But what to buy?

Moses,crib or carry-cot (not buying new only mattress)?

What colour newborn 0-3 months clothes? not finding sex out til its here.

Do you other with fancy co-ordinating bedlinen matching curtains...oh god i could go on and on....

I need a list of what I need its been 6.5 years and I am confused...........
B.X

if you search the forum there is loads of lists around :).

Just get netrual clothes and only what you need, vests, growns, mittens, socks, hats. People will buy you loads as gifts.

Baby toiletries and bath

Car seat (the one you used 6 years ago will probably not be ceritifed anymore and will probably not be as safe made as they are these days).

sheets, blankets etc

first toys, little soft books, blocks etc

Baby rocker/bouncy chair

Id definatly get a new mattress because they wear in time and they mould to the shape of whoever used it before.

bottles, steriliser, warmer, breast pump? if bfing, breast milk pots for freezing expressed milk.

This list is missing loads of stuff but my mind is blank atm lol

It seems daunting doesnt it? Especially as there is so much on the market..I did get a Taggie blanket that was cute yesterday..

I got a new maxi-cosi car seat forgot about that....think I qulify for free monitors that flash as am profoundly deaf so could never hear chloe,lol.

Oh god will have a scoot round and look bu spnt loads already so am going to have to try and save something...
Thanks Cassi

Yer alright Bex, it will be 14 years for me :rotfl:

To say I dont have a clue is an understatement!! Ive learnt what a bugaboo is, most things I look at and think what the hell is that??? I see some familiar things I want like those nappy bin thingies, I couldnt afford one at the time but my sister had one. Dummies with digital temperature display - WHAT??? DD's fever scan strip STILL works and cost about 3 quid lol!
A breast pump would be nice - cue search - result - you have 1001 products to choose from :? Do I want a manual one, an electric one, would that be mains, battery or rechargeable? One that will make a cup of tea perhaps? :lol:

I want a baby, some clothes, somewhere other than the chest of drawers for him to sleep, some bottles so OH can do his duties....

Ive managed to buy a bottle brush and a pair of lion booties so far 8)

hehe i have one of the dummies that takes temperatures lol.

yes it is daunting we have bought sooo much! im sure we wont nearly use it all :shock: its just so tempting... I also got a mini taggy with a pic of tigger to go on the front, but his main comforter will be his kalloo dou dou and jacadi horsey :D

Cas xx

def recomend a swinging crib if you can get one,i had a moses basket for downstairs and would put the swinging crib by my bed so i could stick my foot out and rock lily :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back