i am pregnant not disabled

mummy2b19

Reaction score
this pregnancy apart from a bad back ive been pretty healthy my hips ache if ive been busy all day but so far I am feeling ok. but everyone seems to think that #I am incaple of lifting or doing anything 4 times at work yesterday I got told not lift trays of crockery I mean for god sake its my bloody job and Alex is a hell of a lot heavier than them trays and I have to carry her around all the time. been at a horse show with mum today and im quite happy to alter jumps etc but people keep saying oh should you be doing that. surly I know what my body is capable of?

or are they right should I be sat at home resting? xx

Ha, I get the same levels of "protectiveness". My dad actually told me the other day he gets nervous around pregnant women because they're seemingly so vulnerable. Bizarrely, I personally feel less vulnerable now than I did before.

Maybe it's time to accept the help, do a bit less and let others help you out where they want to - even though it doesn't make much of a difference to you, it will at least make them feel better :)

I'm loving being treated like I'm a princess haha my mum and dad won't let me lift a finger when I'm with them and my husband will go downstairs to get me a drink, pass me the remote etc whereas before he would have told me not to be such a lazy cow! I'm milking it while it lasts haha x

thing is though I said at work that I wasn't prepared to shift tables around (they are bloody heavy tables lol) and I got a sarkey comment about pregnancy just being an excuse cant win either way xx

I say keep it up until you don't think you can otherwise, you know your limits afterall.
I had 2 jobs, working 6 days a week (5 days in an office, 1 day at coffee shop) until 33 weeks and only gave up the coffee shop as was given extra hours in the office.
I did get told off a few times by people but I suppose it's only because they care.

Xx

Think it's difficult to find right balance. Husband stopped me mowing the lawn the other day no idea why it's a light mower and I'm only pushing it?! But in the end I fort why fight him let him do it. I do ask for help for some things ie tying shoe laces and loading lower part of dishwaser as I find bending is effort n uncomfy. That said I laughed as my mum refused to let me carry the Argos catolouge the other day hahaha there are also stetching jobs I pass over but lifting normal everyday items I just get on with n make the most of any times I get offered help it does wind me up when I'm treated Ott though by people I know they mean well though x

Haha everyone's like this with me! My brother came round and cooked a pizza last night and it collapsed in the oven (I don't know how he managed it!) he told me he would come round and clean my oven today I said why? Ill clean it gives me something to do, he said - you can't do that your pregnant! Seriously, I can clean an oven haha! It's not going to kill me I clean most days so I'm sure cleaning the oven isn't going to do anything lol!cx

You do need to be careful with the oven cleaner fumes miss batesy:)

I wish I could do more, we're all so different. I think some think I'm just lazy but my spd flares up badly if I do too much. So frustrating!!! Feel like I'm sat on my hands.
So make the most of it if you can do loads. I was very active before and it's frustrating having to rest. You know your own limits like people have said x

I get td off all the time especially at work. I'm a home carer and some things i know i can't do now but some.things it's just over the top i think.

agree oven cleaning is one of the few things you shouldnt do due to the toxic fumes. xxx

I didn't use oven cleaner, just good old fairy liquid and hot water :)

I didn't use oven cleaner, just good old fairy liquid and hot water :)

You must have a very clean oven (or I a filthy one!) to be able to clean it with fairy!!!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Haha we haven't lived in our flat long so it's still relatively clean x

Actually it's quite easy to clean an oven with only water and fairy.
you boil the kettle and put the water in the oven turned on and what will happen is the oven will help the water turn to steam and make the dirt grease come off so easy with washing up liquid x x x

Ho with your body, im not planning to move the sofas round or lift bug bags of rubbish to the tip just incase, but everything else ill do, mind you im always lifting my 2 year old son , but i guess things that your used to will be ok.

I used to be more blase' about it all with prev pregnancies, but as ive got older and in my last pregnancy , im more concerned about what could happen, but you know your body best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back