i am a bit confuzzled ??

Yvanne

Reaction score
k thot id post this here n c if any1 has heard of it...

my next MW appointment is wen im full term(lol 40 weeks on the dot!!) and she mentioned sumthin bout an internal :think: now i know what an internal is lol and it wasnt a sweep that she was going on about, why would i get an internal tho??? i never got 1 with chloe, she said it wasnt compulsory but then y get 1 :think: :doh: im confused help :shock:

Ive heard of people going and actually being dilated despite not having obvious contractions. They might be able to tell from that if you would be a good candidate for a sweep.

Doesnt the term sweep remind you of sooty. If a man with a ginger beard comes into the room , run , run like hell.

but i never got a sweep till i was a a week over last time(i think :think: )

I don't know why they would give you an internal unless you were having a sweep. They didn't give me any internals until they tried to perform a sweep on me but my cervix said no :lol:

thats how i was confused!! mind u an internal mite help get things goin...

i was givenn an internal with eldest dd at 40 weeks and they noticed i was 2 m dialated although i never started till 2 weeks after that :roll:

lauramum01 said:
Doesnt the term sweep remind you of sooty. If a man with a ginger beard comes into the room , run , run like hell.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yvanne said:
k thot id post this here n c if any1 has heard of it...

my next MW appointment is wen im full term(lol 40 weeks on the dot!!) and she mentioned sumthin bout an internal :think: now i know what an internal is lol and it wasnt a sweep that she was going on about, why would i get an internal tho??? i never got 1 with chloe, she said it wasnt compulsory but then y get 1 :think: :doh: im confused help :shock:

have an internal yvanne. I did with my third and i found i was 5 cm dilated and i only needed a sweep to get me going. I gave birth 5 hours later :cheer:

have an internal and she may find you the same. Then she can get you going!

so if i was a bit dialated do u think theyd offer a sweep? if a man with a ginger beard is even any where near my doctirs ill freak out lol!!!

I had an internal exactly on my due date too, they ended up giving me a sweep and my contractions started that night!

Good luck pet!

k so it is a normal thing the phew was begginin 2 wonder if my MW liked me 2 much :rotfl:

chances are coz its your second pregnancy you'll be dilated. But even if you're not she can give you a sweep.

haha prob bn dialated since i had chloe feel like a bucket :rotfl:

I had my sweep when I was actually in labour to help move things a long a bit. I was actually due to have a sweep the day after that anyway, but I went into labour on my own. :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back