Could they have got my due date wrong?

Ally1979

Reaction score
I think im too trustworthy and never questioned my due date but then last night i counted back 40 weeks from my due date and it put date of conception at 18th Jan, which is impossible as a) i was halfway through AF and b) we didnt get jiggy till 31st Jan.
So going on the premise that i concieved on the 1st Feb at the earliest that gives me a 40 week due date of the 7th November.

I spoke to the MW this morning and she is concerned about this and she has agreed that if i did concieve in Feb then im not overdue and not 40 weeks pregnant. She didnt come and do a sweep but i do have to go to clinic to see her tomorrow where she will do an internal and see what my cervix is like. Is it possible they could have got it this wrong?

The 40 weeks is counted from the date of your last period. If you count from conception it's usually 38 weeks.

Are they not going off the dates that the scan shown? I didnt have a LMP so they gave me an early scan and said roughly 6 weeks then at my 12 week scan they set the date as the 26th November!

My LMP was 16 days long so they couldnt use that and the MW said the scan is based purely against average measurements and is not 100% accurate. The fact i know the date i got jiggy (didnt do it before or after this date) helps but the hospital never listened to me.
I dont even feel ready to give birth (does that make sense?) or feel overdue yet and the baby has measured small up until now.

ally i have an lmp of 17 jan which would make me over due now, but they went on my scan measurements which put me back nearly 2weeks as they said this was more accurate??
maybe u just feel super good? i seem to have lots of energy and dont especially feel like baby is about to come tho admitedly i have another week yet!

They did this to me with my eldest daughter and said i was 2 weeks late so induced me, she didnt even look cooked and if i went by my dates she was actually 2 weeks early so from then on i have gone by my dates and been pretty much spot on.

Lil miss was given 3 dates... 19th Jan (which was the scan date but she was a big baby so this may not have been accurate), the 24th of January, based on my LMP and 30th Jan which was based on my conception/jiggly date... ;) She arrived on the 23rd and was definitely undercooked...covered completely in thick vernix... And the MW said she must have been around 1/2 weeks early so thats what they put down... :)

Tbh just forget the lot....babies come when they come...and the longer they leave you to go naturally the better imo...

looks like i was right. Midwife agrees that there is no way i concieved before the 1st Feb and that im looking at 8th November as a due date. I have to see consultant this afternoon to argue my case with them which MW says is not going to be easy. On one hand i am relieved that someone believes me and agrees but then gutted that i could still have just under 2 weeks to

i was put back three weeks at my scan, wich seemed totally unrealistic to me that i could be so far out, but i wont know till she comes i suppose

I was badly messed around with dates. At my 'dating scan' they refused to give me a due date! I was 13+6 weeks. When i had my 1st MW appointment she was furious so predicted 1st April. On my next scan they told me at my first scan they had written down 25th March (but no one told me) Then decided it was 3rd April. On my 3rd scan i got 25th March, 1st, 3rd and 4th April and even the 25th April!
i was in the end told to expect her between 25th March and 4th April!!! She came on her own on the 13th and was very clean so i'm guessing quite overdue.

Ally1979 said:
looks like i was right. Midwife agrees that there is no way i concieved before the 1st Feb and that im looking at 8th November as a due date. I have to see consultant this afternoon to argue my case with them which MW says is not going to be easy. On one hand i am relieved that someone believes me and agrees but then gutted that i could still have just under 2 weeks to
:hug: :hug: :hug: That must be a bit of a let down to know your now have another 2 weeks but at least someone is on yoru side and they wont be making her be born early when theres no need! :hug: :hug: :hug:

MW was due to do s sweep today but she has agreed not to until we get this date issue sorted out. I am angry that i could have missed out on a whole months wages and that my daughter has missed out on 2 dance competitions because we have been waiting for baby. 9 months is a long time for a 6 year old to wait and she has been so down hearted since due date has been and gone i feel really sorry for her :(

in theory you would count 38weeks from 31st January,

as i "think" i concieved on 11th febuary, and then add 38 weeks to that making 3rd november which is my due date.. As in theory you "2weeks pregnant before you even concieve...

soooo... working on a 28day cycle, say you LMP was 17th January... that would give you a Due date of 23rd October, give or take a few days..

does that make sense? i'm confusing myself lol..

what did they actually give you as you Due date?? xx

Ally1979 said:
awwww hun how frustrating :hug: hope it all goes well with the consultant... x x x

I know the date we concieved, it was the only day we had sex for over a month, but at my 12 week scan (which they put me at only 9 weeks) i was given 3rd jan as dd, but working from the 2nd april (the day we definatley concieved) my dd is 25th dec, is it worth mentioning to the midwife or not, my thoughts are just leave it as it gives me more time to go into labour with out them trying to induce me etc

Thoughts please guys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back