hysteroscopy next week, very nervous *UPDATE* DONE!!

itisbabytime

Reaction score
I have to go in for a hysteroscopy soon under a general anesthetic as they will remove anything they find (polyp or fibroid likely) and its too painful without being knocked out. I've read some stuff on a hysteroscopy and it said to get a better view of the womb they fill it with gas similar to a laproscopy, is this always thr case?

Anyway, anyone had this done before? What is the recovery time? I'm getting pretty nervous now. I hate the unknown. All I have been told is what time to come in and when to start fasting :mad:

Last edited:
I really have no experiance in this , but have had the gas you mentioned used previosly, and just wanted to warn you that sometimes this can leave you with a mild to nasty shoulder pain for a few days , this link may help, incase you haven't heard of this already, but it's best to be forwarned to be ready in your head for it, just incase.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/shoulder-pain-after-laparoscopic-surgery.html

Try not to worry, it's good your procedure is here now, and I wish you all the best for it- let us all know how you get along

Hey, I have had the procedure to check my tubes but not this one. I hope it all goes well for you honey! I always try to keep at the back of my mind when I have to be involved in any procedure at all its to bring me closer to your BFP! Hope its not too sore!

I have no idea babe but your a tough cookie and im positive you will be just fine :) Will be thinking of you! xxx

Hey Hun I had this and the laproscopsy last march, was slightly uncomfortable after only for couple of days, then was fine, you will be fine :) x

Hi hun I've not had this one but think maybe baby has had it? I know its scary but these things are never as bad as you think they are going to be. Big deep breaths close your eyes and think of that bfp! Good luck xxx

Just wanted to say good luck hun and as the other girls have said it is taking you one step closer to your bfp.

Michelle. x

Thaks everyone. I had a look at the gas causing referred pain, oh dear doesn't sound v pleasant. For those who don't know a hysteroscopy is when they go into the womb with a microscopic camera to have a look around. I need this as they think there is growrh blocking my tube. Once in they will remove anything that is there. Its a v quick procesure. 30mins at max. The worst bit will be the gas settling in your body cavity afterewards boooo

Hey hun I hope all goes well. I think the thought of things is worse and will be over before you know it. I'd be nervous too but I bet you'll be fine xx

Hi Hun,

I've had both a hysteroscopy when I was awake, where they diagnosed my septum, and then a hysteroscopic resection of my septum under a general anaesthetic, I can honestly say that I had no pain and discomfort after my op and still have all the painkillers they gave me in my drawer, having a general can be a bit scary but it's one of those things that's nothing once you've done it once.

I think they use saline liquid to inflate the uterus, possibly gas but I think thats more with laparoscopys.

Don't worry you'll be fine I promise!:)

Xx

Nicky it is on the 18th.

Thanks maybe, I was starting to think there wasn't anyone who had had this. I think I'm just nervous about the anesthetic and the general 'unknown'. I hate hospitals.

I didn't have a general, but I had a sedation when I had egg collection and was out for the procedure (well, I don't remember anything) and that was fine. A little odd, but fine.

Years ago, when I was still in Aus, I had a Laprascopy (?), hysteroscopy and a 3rd op all at once. It was a day procedure under GA. Because of all the scrapping they did, when I stood up, I lost a fair bit of blood (TMI). I didn't feel too bad when I came round and even tried to clean the blood off the floor as was still a bit dopey, needless to say, the nurse got angry at me for bending over straight away. I had a little discomfort for about a week, but painkillers helped a lot.

Hope all goes well for you.

I had a lap done in December, the shoulder pain can be quite sore, especially at bed time. Gentle walking around helps the gas disperse quicker. Mine lasted for about 2 or 3 days, feels like a trapped nerve in your shoulder.

Try not to worry hun you will be fine xxx

Well its all over. Back at home recovering from the general. No foof/womb pain at all just some heavy spotting. So spoke to consultant and he said there were no blockages in the tube. Thinks the tube spasmed during my HSG. I wasn't really in much of a state to talk/think after the general so will go over eveything at the follow up. Its weird as I was almost hoping there was a blockage. Now it feels like we're no further forward.

That's great news lovely really pleased it went okay and your tube is good. What a relief. Rest up!!!

Love Gizzy xxxx

I'm glad that the procedure went alright for you and you're home having a rest :)

I can appreciate that no news is a bit disappointing but it doesn't really change anything and you have still made progress just by ticking something else off the list.

It would be nice to find something that can be fixed and then you can ttc naturally but if you are heading for assisted conception then all the boxes need ticking and only when they run out of diagnostics will you finally get referred xx

I know what you mean about almost wanting to find something but as Lou says it is another thing to tick off the list. It is a good thing that you dont have a blockage! Rest up and take care of yourself tonight honey! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back