Hypnobirthing

Redshoes

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am really interested in the idea of hypnobirthing and the whole looking at giving birth in a different way, and wondered if anyone has done this? And if you would recommend any classes, books, DVD's etc?

Thankyou & Take it Easy Mums :)

Yes, we did a hypnobirthing course when I was about 29 weeks pregnant. I couldn't recommend it enough. It was fantastic. A really positive, spiritual and lovely experience and one of the happiest memories from my pregnancy.
I ended up having a section as my baby was so big but even then the stuff we'd learnt from the hypnobirthing course helped calm nerves and focus. It even helped me stay calm at work in stressful situations.
If you can do a course, do it! It gave me a totally different perspective on labour and birthing and I felt so much more positive afterwards. Also helps with bonding with the baby in the womb.
Go for it! Let me know how you get on!
Lucy

Thankyou for your take on it LucyBee, its great to hear it benefitted you in more than just your pregnancy and birth, and I do hope to be able to take part in a course, money and location allowing :)

Here's a web addy for you Keslo66, which is full of information about Hypnobirthing :)

http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/

Best Wishes!! :hug:

I bought the CD and I felt it was an excellent way of preparing me for the birth and calming me down. However, I had to be induced and with the speedyness and intensity of the contractions all the theory went out of the window. If I had had the birth the way I wanted ( water birth) I am sure that it would have been a great help.

Thankyou for sharing your experience Lyndsey, I guess you cannot know what the whole birth experience is going to be like until it happens, and I am glad all went well for you, though sorry to hear you didn't get the water birth you'd hoped for, loving your avatar piccie of your little boy too, so sweet :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back