Hycosy?

heartbroken

Reaction score
Hiya just wondering has anyone had a hycosy done? And what does it check for? I got my period 3 weeks ago & had to book an appointment but they said they were not doing them for 2 weeks to ring back when i get my next period (god knows when that will be).. xx

Hiya Hun, :)

It's to check your tubes.

It's basically saline squirted into your cervix, uterus and tubes, then they do an ultrasound.

I had a hysteroscopy and that's the similar but they use a hysteroscope (camera) instead of an ultrasound.

It doesn't hurt at all, you get a slight cramp as the saline goes in but that's it.

xx

I had a hycosy in December. It was uncomfortable when they put the catheter into my cervix, like a sharp scratch. The rest of the process was completely painless. I started to bleed straight away once they had finished so go prepared for that!!

Good luck and hope u get good results from it. When I had my laparoscopy/dye, hysteroscopy and ovarian drilling they told me I was infertile at 25, then from my cosy they said I wasn't as my tubes weren't as bad as they thought.

Hope all goes well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back