*HWBAC, am i really that crazy to want one?*

sonia205

Reaction score
Ok ladies, i need any story good or bad comin this way, Lol Laughing
Basically i am now 37+4 preg with second child, 17 months ago i had elective caesarean and now the midwifes and consultants i am seeing are totally beeing nasty to me, really.
As the consultant said to me today, ill have a dead baby and possibly a hysterectomy...IF I AM STILL ALIVE...!!!
My last hospital experiece was very traumatic and distressing hense why i am planning a home water birth after caesarean...

So please please send me stories, esp the bad ones!
Shocked

Thanks ladies,
Sonia 37+4
duncan breech section baby 29 nov 2004 (AKA the monster)
XX-xx-XX

Thats totally the same as me. I was thinking I could have a home birth but no. I wanted an active birth but they said I might be able to get off the bed if the moniters stretched that far. They really put the wind up me as well because it was 'major surgery' I had. No shit!

I was reading stories about babies dying though and that is enough to scare me. I really really dont want another c sec but with this baby looking as though it will beat the 9lb 3oz of its sister I dont think im going to have any choice.

There is a number you can call for guidance on this matter, I will find it tomorrow, everyone is asleep and Ive just popped up cause Im the only one who cant.

Hi

I have no idea but i had a c-section and dont want another but they told me if i get preg again before 2 years then i have to have another one, but had one doc said its up to me if i wanna try.
With me they are doing more ultrasounds later on to see if he/she will be big liek Kiaras 9 pounds 6 ounces.
I dont know what to say if they are saying it will be a really bad thing maybe listen to them?
Hope you figure it out hun.
Katrina

17 months isn't long. I had a trial of labour 3 years after my first section and ruptured. If we hadn't been in hospital, we'd both be dead!! I've had 3 sections now and was given the option of sterilisation or hysterectomy on the operating table with my last - my uterus was in such a mess because of the rupture and we were very lucky to get to 36 weeks.

There's a big difference between the way hospitals, and even consultants in the same hospital handle VBACs. You might get away with a trial of labour in hospital but you'll have to be prepared to fight hard for a home birth - they have to cover their own backs and stick to targets

i dont know bout this but i hope u get wot u want in the end hun
XxX

Just flicking thru old posts of mine, lol

id like to update this thread for those that havent read my birth story, it all went perfectly, i had my home birth after caesarean section.
It was very very very succesful in fact it couldnt have gone better, and i wouldnt change a thing.

I had my blood pressure checked every 30 min in case somet was wrong , each time they checked it was perfect, and also every 30 min they were listenin to James heart beat too, and again he was great, im in tears now im so happy i got what i want, looking back thru mi old threads, they were really mean, and to be honest they shouldnt, them talkin to me like that as heavily pregnant as i was , cud have been fatal but lets not think about that now,

i have a beutiful baby boy and thats it

heres pics

(the sofa didnt get 1 drop of blood btw)

Hi

Wow hun that gives me hope :) i dont want a home birth cuz im too chicken but tracyM scared me with her story, i find out soon if i have ot have a scetion , if i go by what the internet says beacuse of the reasons for having one i only have a 25% chance to have a natiral birth :)
Glad you had a nice birth though , does give a bit of hope to us :D
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back