Husband's work problems

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Grrrrrrrr! Need to vent/ask for positive thoughts

My husband just called me saying he had bad news from work, it isn't devastating but it is very stressful :wall2:

He started a new job about 3 weeks ago, he used to work for a company with terrible management where he worked all hours, this new company sounded organised and fair with their work requirements. He has had appraisals etc. and so far they were all sounding positive.

Today he gets called in a meeting and they have decided to change the teams, meaning out of the 12 people he is incharge of 9 of them are going to a different team. So he is now only managing 3 people. They said it was something they had been thinking of before he came, but nothing definite was decided until now. Husband is feeling completely deflated, they have said it is nothing wrong with him, just changing structure and that they may hire more for his team at a later date. But as he is only in his probation period (another 2 months to go) he is worried they could chuck him and save their pennies at any time.

I've told him not to fret, to talk to them and get a bit more clarification about the plans and the realities of it. But he sounded so upset on the phone my heart breaks for him, he said with Sausage on the way this is the last thing he needs. :( I've told him both Sausage and I will be loving and supporting him no matter what happens.

I'm all hopeful it is just a new plan they are doing and they are not planning to get rid of people, but as he is on probation they can get rid of him at any time for no reason.

Why do they do this to us????? Stupid employers!
Anyone have any positive words I can say to hubby?

Poor hubby! I am pretty rubbish when it comes to reassuring my hubby when it comes to work matters.... he gets so stressed because he is one of those stereotypical 'prvider' types who works rediculously hard. He is on probabtion as well at the moment (one more month to go) because he started a new job in January. He is SO stressed about it all even though his boss has had nothing but good things to say about him. Hopefully your husbands work is being open and honnest about what is going on with the restructure. Sureley if they are not happy with his work for whatever reason they have to give him some idea of the areas he needs to improve on?

Sound like you husband is simular? I don't know what to suggest but I know that work for my husband really ties into who he is and what he is about, sometimes I just need to listen to him vent and not add anything in.

Sorry that I have not been much help but I hope your husband gets some further clarification soon. xx

Thanks KarateKid - I'm just so sad for him as I know he will make it bigger in his head and then that will be more pressure on his shoulders :(

Your hubs does sounds similar to mine. Work is a very important thing to him and almost defines who he is. I agree sometimes I have to just listen, it doesn't help I don't understand all the tech speak!

I'm gonna go buy him a small treat (choccy bar and packet of crisps) so when I see him tonight he knows I was thinking of him during lunch. (best not go spending on big pressies with all this worry!!)

Aww, you're so nice, I do the chocolate bar treat too :) I don't have any words of wisdom just hope they see how good and hardworking he is and keep him on :) even if they have to get rid if he's a good worker they can provide a good reference... If he does a fab job with the three he has, they night move some ppl back who have rubbish managers who don't put much effort in, and the three he's.got will really big him up :) hope things get better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back