Hurting after sweep :-(

cherelle

Reaction score
For those of you that have had a sweep, is it normal to be in pain afterwards??

I had one at about 4pm yesterday - midwife said my cervix was still quite far back so it did hurt a bit when she did it. She said i might have a bit of a show afterwards and gave me a pad to wear. I did bleed a bit last night and im still in pain today! I even woke up a couple of times in the night with stomach pains :-(

I dont know if this is normal? x

My first one really hurt and I was in so much pain.

Have you taken paracetomols to help? I found a Hot water bottle helped as well.

I did take some cocodamol last night but it didnt seem to help really. Good to know its normal though thanks! x

morning..

my midwife actually apologised after my sweep and said "sorry i think i might have caused you to be having some bad period pains and some bleeding ater on"

i haven't had anything other than regular bh last night but they weren't painful at all..

so yes, i think it is normal to have pains after a sweep.. how you feeling now? hope you feel better soon, or that it's the start of things?!?!!

I dont think it could be the start of things because she said my cervix is still quite high? She thought it would be a week at least :-(

Im hobbling around clutching my stomach this morning! lol

Keep bouncing on the ball, strap a hot water bottle to you, and take the paracetamol. That's sort of my plan for if things get worse than they are at the mo.

I fell off my birthing ball last night.

Well im still bleeding but its like mucusy stuff ... ew!

I called the midwifery unit and they said it normal and could be the start of things!! Not holding out too much hope because my cervix was high yesterday, i just need to wait and see if the constant pain turns into contractions! x

Hope this is the start of things for you Cherelle. x

with my 2nd I had a sweep when my cervix was posterior and dd was born that night :dance: good luck x

well pains are easing off so i dont think its my time! Am happy to wait though - excited about Pinkymum :)

cherelle... Hi sweetie, quickie q, why are you having early sweep due to the fact that your not overdue yet? Don't worry your baby such a gentle-kid waiting for pinky's baby to go first and you'll be next or never know double labour watch (finger crossed).. relax and don't stress yourself.. get a pineapples and start eating while waiting..or do long walk

cherelle... Hi sweetie, quickie q, why are you having early sweep due to the fact that your not overdue yet? Don't worry your baby such a gentle-kid waiting for pinky's baby to go first and you'll be next or never know double labour watch (finger crossed).. relax and don't stress yourself.. get a pineapples and start eating while waiting..or do long walk

I think i just got lucky with the sweep. I didnt think id be offered one until i was overdue but i had to go into hospital for an exra check up as my midwife was worried about babys position and growth and they offered me a sweep while i was there!

Luckily babys position and measurements are all fine and i got a scan and a sweep out of it :) x

you never know cherelle might be getting you ready to go in the next couple of days. make sure you get some rest inbetween all the bouncing. xx

Pains are normal after a sweep. Your sweep might have triggered the latent phase of labour so you could have the pains for a while but eventually turn in2 the real contractions! heres hoping. x

Good luck hun :) Hope the pain eases off xxxxx

Thanks Olive but now at the stage where pain is good lol!! Hope the pains get worse!! :) x

Sounds positive to me! Lets hope your holding your little boy soon :D Good luck. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back