sweep update

snr1982

Reaction score
Well that was horrible!! She said I was 1cm dilated but my cervix is still a bit hard and the baby is still 4/5 engaged and needs to come down a bit more. (not sure if that is good or bad?) I did have some show when she did the sweep and I'm still bleeding now? Booked in for induction next week which has depressed me a bit coz I really don't want that happening :(. arghhh.

Last edited:
Oh dear, was it sore? Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't nice :hug: I don't know anything about sweeps tbh, but am keeping an eye on posts that have the topics so as I can get an idea of experiences in case I require one.

I don't fancy the idea of induction either and I'm so hoping to avoid it. I'm gona get a gym ball to bounce on tomorrow and see if that helps towards the end.

I'm sure there's absolutely zero point in me saying try this or try that to bring on labour naturally, cos I'm sure you've tried them all!

Fingers and toes crossed for you that things will start moving before you have to go in for induction hun. x

at least if there isnt alot of chance of it working you get to see our boys. always a positive. xxx

Yeah it did hurt, and still in pain now wasn't very keen on that midwife, had her once before and she wasnt very yappy like the other ones.. I've being getting a mucus blood crap all afternoon too and cramping. hopefully that is a good sign? I can't walk that great either now ! lol

tbh getting induced isn't that bad, i got it last time round and was alright. I just really wanted to be at home this time for most of it with my other half :). just feeling a bitty sorry for myself, you know what like. lol. sure I will get over it.

yeah i have decided I'm going to the concert nmf, can't not go and see them! even if it is over 150 miles away! haha. everyone thinks I'm nuts now - esp as we are staying over night and then shopping all day on friday. heehee. My lovely other half is going to drive down after his work on Friday and pick us up too so I don't have to sit on a train for hours to get home and i can be in a comfy car :) I didn't even suggest it he offered :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back