Hungry baby milk?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
At what point would you offer hungrier baby milk? If at all?

Someone recommended it because Phoebe seems to want to suck on everything at the moment and won't take a dummy, and on the carton it states that hungry baby milk delays the onset of early teething, someone also told me giving her hungry baby milk before bed would help her sleep better.
Plus I've tried adding extra ounces to her milk and she'll still be sucking afterwards.
Only problem is she has really bad colic at the moment so I'm using comfort milk, would it make a difference?
I really don't know much about the hungry baby milk, so if anyone's got any info on when or if at all to try it, I'd really appreciate it :)

We give orlando the hungry baby milk at night so he sleeps better

Elexia has been on hungry baby milk since about week 5 hunny, i havent noticed much of a difference to be honest but she is a big baby x x

We give hungry baby in a bottle just before bed, it's the only bottle she gets in a day as I'm breastfeeding the rest of the time. It means she'll sleep about 6 hours in one go. Just keep an eye on her tummy though, we have to give her a little water after her feed as she gets bunged up otherwise. It seems to make her fuller for longer though and means we can get some sleep. HV said it's fine t odo this, what ever works best for you. Our LO gets colic too so we put a couple of Colief drops in her bottle, and give her Infacol before the feed and we use the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Anti-Colic bottles, not sure which of these works but it seems to! It's like a military operation giving her a bottle lol

Babies have a natural instinct to suck it doesn't always mean that they are.hungry. also how many dummies have you tried? Freya will suck our finger for ages but wouldn't take the avent dummy so we bought mam ones and she's happy with them. Maybe try.that before as she may not need a change of formula. Esp as the one she's on helps with the coluc etc x

i'd advise you to wait as long as possible, my HV advised as to start LO on it only last week as he had been re-waking in the night after sleeping through for nearly 3 months! it is supposed to delay early weaning, but if you introduce it to early it wont make any difference . . . or so the HV said! HOWEVER a bottle of it at night might help your LO sleep better and if your finding night times an issue i'd give it a go! best of luck x

Babies have a natural instinct to suck it doesn't always mean that they are.hungry. also how many dummies have you tried? Freya will suck our finger for ages but wouldn't take the avent dummy so we bought mam ones and she's happy with them. Maybe try.that before as she may not need a change of formula. Esp as the one she's on helps with the coluc etc x

wss ^^^^^ with the dummies, there are different teat shapes, and even then different brands do the shapes slightly different! if you LO is happy to suck your finger try a cherry teat!

My neice used to suck a lot a mw said that was what was causing her colic, they were told to try dummies - maybe worth trying different types. They prob taste different. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back