Soooooooo hungry...change milk?

KJL

Reaction score
I'm really stuck at the moment with Layla as she's become really difficult and demanding with her eating habits in the last few weeks:? She is hungry 24/7 at the moment and gulps her milk down in a matter of mins (she's 17 weeks and taking 5 6/7 ozs bottles a day). She can't go for more than 2/3 hours without getting frantically hungry again and screams the house down when she is! She's not sleeping through the night and wakes up about 12pm and then 4am frantically hungry. I've started weaning her as i'm hoping that this will help.

At the moment she is drinking Aptamil Easy Digest and I'd like to try and get her on to a hungrier baby formula. I tried the Aptamil 2 but she seemed to get a very upset tummy on this. I'm wondering whether to try a different brand of hungry baby milk :think: I have tried her once on cow and gate hungrier baby and she didn't get an upset tummy on this. So my q is can anyone suggest a good hungrier baby formula and if I switch how should I go about it?

Why are you using the easy digest milk... is it because she was throwing up her other milk?

If that is the problem, you could try (I have never used one, so cant advise you im afraid) a hungryer baby milk with gaviscon in the feeds, so she keeps the milk down, and is getting the hungryer baby food to fill her up hopefully. Sounds like shes going through a growth spurt, as id hope for your sanity that usually she slept for longer than that through the night.

My LO is a very hungry boy, but has reflux, and they dont seem to do hungrier baby milk in easy digest... so im a bit stuck, I was going to try the above in a few weeks though.

Have you tried upping the size of her bottles? Ella is 16wks and has 4 or 5 8oz bottles a day.

I would leave her for a bit and see if weaning makes a difference.

a dietition said to me hungry baby milk is no good , all its doing is tricking the baby to thinking its not hungry , if baby is hungry then baby needs to eat , think your doing right by weaning , she's not on a huge amount of milk tho so have u tried upping that ? she takes the same as leland 8) , with his 6 pm feed i know had a rusk to the last oz of milk and spoon feed him that , he loves it ! where as he gets bored by milk !

HertsMummy said:
Why are you using the easy digest milk... is it because she was throwing up her other milk?

Hiya, yes she had a real problem with colic and had reflux problems, I swapped to easy digest and found her much much better on it. I used to add gaviscon to her milk as her reflux got quite bad for a while and I was advised to do so by the Dr. I think the hungrier baby milk with gaviscon added would be too thick and possibly quite heavy on her tummy :think:

I have the same dilema as you it seems! :doh:

sass said:
Have you tried upping the size of her bottles? Ella is 16wks and has 4 or 5 8oz bottles a day.

I would leave her for a bit and see if weaning makes a difference.

I have tried but she seems not to want to take more than 6 oz and if I try force more she is sick :roll: I think I will see how the weaning goes and as you say I will try and up her milk again and see if she'll accept a little more.

G3M said:
a dietition said to me hungry baby milk is no good , all its doing is tricking the baby to thinking its not hungry , if baby is hungry then baby needs to eat , think your doing right by weaning , she's not on a huge amount of milk tho so have u tried upping that ? she takes the same as leland 8) , with his 6 pm feed i know had a rusk to the last oz of milk and spoon feed him that , he loves it ! where as he gets bored by milk !

Yes I think the hungrier baby milk is just much thicker and seems to just sit heavier on her tummy. I'm going to try upping her milk again but it has been a struggle to get her to take more than 6 oz. My Dr. actually suggested as you are doing, a rusk mushed into the end of her evening feed. I will give it a go. Pleased that you agree weaning is the way to go, I was so worried I was doing the wrong thing :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back