hungry baby milk

samanthajayne

Reaction score
for most brands of milk you get a normal one and then one for hungrier babies. does the hungry baby milk have the same nutrients as the normal milk? whats different about it and how do you know if your baby is a hungrier baby? sorry if it seems a silly thing to ask it just confuses me :?

Hi - my little one is 8 weeks old and has been on the C&G hungry formula for about 3 weeks now. She was born at 8lb 10 and is now 12lb and has always had a good appetite. At newborn she was taking 3oz every 2 hours. It was obvious she wasn't full after feeds with regular formula, regardless of how much she ate and even if she had water between. She kept whinging for more, didn't get sleepy during feeds, kept sucking for more and then needed feeding again soon after. She now takes around 9-10oz a feed and has this between every 4-6 hours. She has slept through nights for the last 2 weeks.

The only thing I will say is try and get water into them (either through extra in milk or between feeds) to help the digestive system with the hungry formula. As it is slightly 'heavier' than the regular, it can make them slightly constipated. At least that's what I found and this is what works for us!

x

If a baby is ready for hungry milk they shouldn't need any water ontop of the formula. You should only use hungry milks when you really need to as they are harder to digest. It's best not to use them before 3 months if possible. I would try upping the quantity and frequency of normal formula first to see if that helps. They go through several growth spurts where they can temporarily seem to be feeding non stop one bottle after the other for a few days, then it goes back to normal.
4-6 hours is an awfully long time for a baby to go between feeds, 3 hours is about the average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back