• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hungry baby milk

emmie

Reaction score
Blake is a month old today and he is on 6oz - 180mls a time and he is now draining the bottles and hardly bringing any back up, i have been told to keep upping it an oz at a time but when should i really stop this as it seems excessive? should i not be going onto the hungrier baby milk? Any advice more than welcome please.

Hi emmie,
I also have a hungry baby ( she is 7 weeks old) I put her on hungry baby milk and when i mentioned it to my HV she told me to stop giving it her because babies aren't weaned now till 6 months old and if she does start getting hungrier before then there will be nothing else to give her. I have put Eva back on SMA gold but seen as i still had nearly a full tin of SMA white i've been using it for the last couple of feeds at night as i didnt want to throw it out (HV said this was ok) Maybe try Blake with an extra ounce in his bottles and see how he gets on, if he's still hungry put him on the hungry baby milk it might be what he needs to fill him up properly. Hope that helps a bit!!

Love Lisa and Eva xxx

Evie used to have spurts- where for a couple of weeks she'd do nothing but eat then she'd go back to every 4 hours.

Is he waking as regularly during the night?

I changed Evie from SMA Gold to SMA White at 3 months.

Don't forget there are also numerous growth spurts and they happen often in the first 12 weeks. Baby will usually want to feed more/have bigger feeds then.

How often are you feeding? Maybe feed a bit more often for a while?

I don't think they recommend hungry baby milk when so young still :think:

I'd try other things first and see how they work. Chances are if you tinker with amounts and /or feed times things will settle down again. Also growth spurt (if it is one) may soon pass. Until the next one :lol:

I was going to say what Sherlock said! Try offering him feds after 3 hours during the day!
Also maybe try C&G comfort or the Aptamil one! Its a little thicker but not a hungrier baby food so he may benefit by it? Worth a try hun! :hug:

i tried giving him 7oz this morning he took most of it and brought a little bit up, where can i get aptimil comfort from as i cant find it anywhere all i can find is stage 1, hungry baby milk, and follow on milk :?

He was sleeping through the night but last night he was up until half 2 this morning :roll:

Sounds like a probable growth spurt. I'd maybe feed him a bit more often, might do the trick.

Our main supermarkets sell the Aptimil range in full :think: As does Boots here.

My daughter started on formula at 3 months old and she went straight onto SMA White. She never used the Gold at all. We just decided we'd give her the hungry baby one because she was frequently hungry, and that was that.
She was perfectly fine with it.

I would try feeding him more often and see if that helps Honey. Mind you James was on milk for hungrier babies at 7wks lol so just seems we have lil piglets for babies!!

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back