Comments very welcome!

Ladybird

Reaction score
I'm getting a bit panicky. I don't want to be one of those who can't name her baby!

Girls:
Alice - Love it and not too popular. Cousin's daughter (Never see them. She is about 12) is called Alice. Do you think it matters?

Jasmine - Love it! Not too popular

Boys:
Joseph. Love Joe. It goes with our surname. Am Catholic and like the idea of having a biblical name. But I'm getting worried Joe is just too normal. Are there going to be 4 in his class at school???

Joshua - Like Josh too

Samuel - Like Sam too

I just don't know!

I don't want anything too wacky, but I don't want a name that's everywhere.

Help!

I love love love both girls names.....Jasmine was on our shortlist too :D I really don't think it matters if you name Alice if you don't see them.
For the boys I do love all 3 but my fave two are Joseph (for Joe) and Samuel (for Sam).
Great choices.....you have the same name taste as me......nice and traditional, but can be shortened!! Lovely!

Obviously Im going to be biased :wink:
My Joe is the only Joe of his age that I know around my toddler groups etc.

I love Alice too.

my sister has Joe for her's if it's a boy and really like it. I like Alice but reminds me of the song and i know my family would always be singing it :roll:

I am the same as you too i couldn't have a baby with no name pestered dh from about 7 weeks and we still didn't have a girls name :x

Heather

I wouldn't worry about naming you child after you family member - i have the exact same name as my cousin - first, middle and sur name! My parents thought her middle name was different! Its never been a problem for me x

i love all of them, you have very similar taste to me! :)

I like Joshua but most ppl will call him Josh which is nicer

i love all of them, you have very similar taste to me! :)

I like Joshua but most ppl will call him Josh which is nicer

I work at a preschool and we always have LOADS of Joshuas.

when jonah was in scbu, there were 5 other boys,2 joshua,2jacob and 1 joseph and a little girl, elizabeth. J names very popular for some reason. Jack too, I think is the most popular boys name atm.

I have a freind called alice who was constantly sung the "who the f*** is alice?!" song at school,maybe a middle name choice?
Jasmine is a lovely name. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back