HSG a little shocked!

jazzy2

Reaction score
well just got back from my HSG and it bloody hurt me although i think im a bit of a wimp.
Anyway im laying on the bed and the nurse says "everything looks fine so we'll send your precription for clomid in the post" was just a little shocked as we havent discussed any kind of treatment yet and thought we could before starting anything, she didnt explain anything about it so havent got a clue what im doing.

is this the usual procedure?? xxx

First of all congrats on your HSG!! thats fab news. Mine also hurt a bit. I had mine on Monday.

I think they are unfair when they brazenly come out with things like that - I think sometimes they get so used to it that they think we should also take it in our stride. My Ob/gyn was a bit like that.

Anyway - you should certainly be told how exactly to take it. But perhaps this will come written on the prescription like mine did.

Are you private? I defntely think you should be having a follow up appointment in the next week or so before the clomid. As the actual doc should be going through all your results and the results of the HSG with you.

If you don't get to see the doc again, they should certainly call you to go through taking the clomid.

I started my first round of it last week - Day 2 - 6 of my cycle. And barely had any instructions from them clinic.

when are you due to have your period?

x

Hiya im not private and i know they must have a lot of people to see but still thought they would have run through things. i dont have any more appointments booked and wasnt told to take any so am a bit stumped.

my next period is due on 20th of feb although sometimes they come and go as they please lol. im hopin that they will give me a little more info before i start taking it however i am pleased that the ball is rolling xx

I think you should call them and ask for a follow up following the HSG and before taking clomid.

You should be expecting them to tell you exactly what days to take them, and then a follicle scan to check you arent overstimulated and then a day 21 blood to confirm ovulation x x x

That's good that you arne't going to be in limbo for long if you already know what is coming xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back