HPV

nori

Reaction score
Hello all.. this is really embarrassing and ive been sitting here wondering whether to post it or not but then thought what the hell (i'll just make sure i dont go to any meets!) :oops:

Well a few years back i was diagnosed with the Human Papaloma virus through a smear test (for those who dont know its the wart virus) I felt absolutely disgusting even though i didnt actually have any symptoms. I wasnt the sort of person to sleep around but stupidly did have unprotected sex (god ive learnt by that!) :wall:

Anyhow.. since i have become pregnant i noticed that i had a small wart on the perenial area. I went to the clinic and they said it was very common in pregnancy due to the hormones and the immune system being lower. I had a couple of treatments and the wart went. Felt loads better, but today whilst trying to tidy the lady garden, realised its come back. Its only tiny but im now going insane worrying about whether its now gonna cause me to have a C section.. and what if i pass it onto my baby???

I will probably make a docs appointment tomorrow if i can get a lady doctor but cant stop worrying.. im just getting so close to my due date now and stupidly didnt mention it to my midwife earlier :(

Claire x

Hi Claire.

HPV is rarely transmitted to your bub in childbirth so I wouldn't worry too much. If your wee one is unlucky though it can be easily treated.

Kim x x x x

aww i really feel for you. i had chlamydia (i didnt know) and passed it on to my baby from the birth, i was devastated :( luckily my baby, my boyf and myself all took antibiotics and are clean now, but i was pissed off tbh that i wasnt tested during pregnancy so i couldve been treated BEFORE my baby got it. speak to ur MW and see what they can do :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back