How???

Minime

Reaction score
Been planning a pregnancy for a couple of months and intended to start trying around xmas. I was advised due to age (33) to start taking folic acid and preg vitamins now so started a couple of months back. I was taking cilest OC and am pedantic about it, only took late once last month as I was flying back from hols so instead of between 8-10am I took at 2pm which according to the packet is fine as it has a 12 hour swing (alledgedly)

Was due on saturday, no sign but considering my cycle isnt always a strict 28 days I wasnt worried, by yesterday I was starting to panic and 2 out of 3 tests have shown positive.

Question - HOW???

Considering my age, considering I take the pill and have done successfully for many years and have previously been on depo provera which is known to affect fertility for quite some time after stopping (I only stopped as GP wont prescribe anymore due to risk of osteoporosis) how on earth have I managed to conceive? :? :? :?

Its not a train smash, just a few months earlier than envisaged but now I'm looking at the folic acid with suspicion lol! Been going over the last month in my mind, definately not missed a pill, only late once which would matter with the mini pill but not the combined which cilest is, had a hell of a stressful month but dont think that negates the pill, not been sick, no diarrhoea, not taken any other medication not even a paracetamol..... :shock:

Meant to be!

Hi i am super pedantic with these too and fell within the first month too,(sadley just lost) i knwo what you are saying maybe there is something in it. I take folic plus and Mumomega
Bex

is it good news for you minime are you happy about the pregnancy?

6 months earlier than envisaged so we're in panic mode at the mo but yes both happy :D

i also fell pregnant on the pill..i never forgot to take it or even took it late..i've been taking it since i was 16 and never had any problems taking it properly or any scares before. the nurse that told me i was pregnant' reaction was simply "it does happen" i guess we are the 0.2% that fall pregnant on the pill!! i just think of it as fate..our L/O's were meant to be!!

How???? Its nuts isnt it. A happy early result.
Well done.

Goes over my head, but that's nature for ya.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :dance:

Wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back