how you dress your children says alot about you

beanie

Reaction score
apparently.. clicky

I am Daniella Westbrook apparently. I dress Seren and Cally a bit like I dress, casual, surfy style etc. Not because I want a mini me (or do I?) but because I like the style. When me and my sister were growing up we had the old matching outfit thing going on - happy times (we now dress completely different from eachother lol).

I dress Jam pretty similar to me, baggy jeans and a tshirt with nice trainers - obviously I wouldnt if i was in skinny jeans lol

head to toe burberry is wrong tho, more money than sense that one lol

i dress melissa like myself- skinny tees, hotpants, rara skirts and minis! and quite a bit of pink lol

At the moment i tend to dress Calleigh in jeans/trousers and a t shirt, and yes this is usually what i tend to wear too. However in the summer i loved dressing her in the lovely summer dresses.
As for colour well it tends to vary but probably mainly pinky as sometimes you cant escape the fact that the majority of girls clothes are pink :?

bygone fashions is me... :lol: I like my girls to stay lil girls until they are ready to be biggens... Tia's only started to wear more skimpy out fits but lil miss still gets put in knickerbockers, smocking dresses, angel cardigans, tie dye baby grows :D Age of innocence all the way... :D The modern world is too pushy... to painful. Just having a few short years where life is great is the best thing I can give my girls.

I make the most of the fact i only have control of her outfits for a short time. And because til she was born i had only nephews and therefore boys clothes the pink cute stuff was a must! And i find hand knitted cardigans and stuff have passed so i love her wearing these. I don't wear dresses but i love them on her. She has jeans like me and a beanie hat like her dad. But i love her looking like a baby. They grow up too fast these days!

A lot of clothes FI got were pink and I don't mind pink but I love the mint green polkadot and the pale blue polkadot vests Fi has. Today she is in jeans and a red tops with yellow polka dots on it. I just like bright and funky things. I'm less of a frill person.

Paris's dresses the same as me, casual jeans, t-shirt, jacket and trainers :rotfl:

Harrison just wears jeans and long sleeved tops.

All comes from next or asda :rotfl:

Evie dresses much better than me... says a lot about me I think! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Not sure what this says about me, but I let my girls choose their own clothes from a very early age. It definitely showed their personalities, as Kasmin, at 3-4 years old, would often choose to wear stripey colourful tights, a flowery skirt, and a stripey woolen hippy jumper - with red welly boots and fairy wings :lol:

Lou, on the other hand, was happier in t-shirts, denim dungarees and trainers.

Now they are older they both have their own sense of unique style - Kaz (13) loves floaty hippy skirts and sandals with lots of beads, whereas Lou (nearly 16) follows the KT Tunstall kind of look.

I think it is important to let kids choose, as it can help them develop a sense of being an individual and express themselves.

I think I dress Ryan how I like boys my age to look... if you know what I mean? So he's colour co-ordinating, and has denim washed out jeans.. and I tend to pick browns and greens as opposed to blues as that's the sort of colours I like on boyfriends? Hope that doesnt sound weird, I guess I just like certain colours... ryans never really been a baby blue sort of boy, more earthy colours or bright and fun in the summer :)

Hmm I like to dress him in more 'traditional' clothes, like wooly cardigans and knitted tank tops (and he has a lovely flat cap!) but I also like bright colours and stripes.. I tend not to go for blue very much though.

Squiglet said:
bygone fashions is me... :lol: I like my girls to stay lil girls until they are ready to be biggens... Tia's only started to wear more skimpy out fits but lil miss still gets put in knickerbockers, smocking dresses, angel cardigans, tie dye baby grows :D Age of innocence all the way... :D The modern world is too pushy... to painful. Just having a few short years where life is great is the best thing I can give my girls.

Same... corduroy pinafores.little buckle shoes and duffel coats all the way...

glitzyglamgirl said:
Not sure what this says about me, but I let my girls choose their own clothes from a very early age. It definitely showed their personalities, as Kasmin, at 3-4 years old, would often choose to wear stripey colourful tights, a flowery skirt, and a stripey woolen hippy jumper - with red welly boots and fairy wings :lol:

I think it is important to let kids choose, as it can help them develop a sense of being an individual and express themselves.

OMG she sounds like Seren who currently loves to accesorise any outfit with a princess crown, a tutu and her pirate wellies. She also was in Next going "I don't like it" to whatever I picked up.

Don't know which category I would fit in really. I am not into pink and frilly, however, April has many pink and frilly outfits bought for her by other people. I put them on her because beggars can't be choosers really, pink clothes are better than none at all.

I personally wear a lot of dark clothes and/or jeans. I tend to prefer April in really bright, funky clothes and I love her in tiny jeans - so cute.

I do have a big thing about making sure her socks coordinate with her outfit too - I am almost a bit anal about it acutally, I think I may need help :rotfl:

Im forever getting wrong off my mam for letting Thea pick her own clothes in shops because shes says she too young to do it. If my daughter wants to wear Thomas the tank engine t shirts well so what. I let her choose from her wardrobe everyday too. Todays stylish number was a pair of purple tights, stripey wellies and a denim dress :lol:

Riley looks kick ass just now, I have him wearing wee jeans and tee shirts. i love him to look like a mini-cool dude IYKWIM? :lol:

He does look at his cutest in a babygro/sleepsuit tho

By-gone to an extent. I actually think its more of a challenge to find diverse boys clothes. and it's always been hard to dress Stanley young as he's such a biff and in bigger clothes.

I love dungarees, pale blue and hand knits. I can't stand babies to look like mini-adults and I find a lot of Next etc looks like shrunken mans clothes.

He'll not be my babba for long :(

I dress Collier in the stuff i was given by my sister from my Nephew and the clothes given as gifts
ive hardly bought a thing clothes wise myself its saved a fortune he looks adorable in what he wears so im happy
its free it fits its great :D

now what dose that make me :think: :lol:

Arianna is a little style guru in the making :) I let her choose her clothes too and thankfully she is a funky little dudette! Today she chose a denium skirt, stripey tights and a pink fleecey jumper :D

She has lots of pink, but she likes it! Not so much frilly stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back