How to treat a cold

littlemiss83

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Anyone got any advice on how I can get rid of this horrible cold?

I've been taking paracetamol, and have just bought myself a packet of Halls Soothers, done a bit of research and apparently the soothers are ok as they are not medicated any more.

I normally use Thyrosets for a sole throat, anyone know if I can still take them? They are little medicated sweets from over the counter in the pharmacy.

Anyone know if I can take anything else...anything at all?? looool been drinking hot drinks and steaming my face.

Back to work tomorrow and i'm dreading it

:oooo:

I'm not sure there is much else you can take hun. One midwife told me it was ok to take the original lemsip and an other one said its better if I tried to do without it. It gets very confusing! Some of the girls on here made there own honey and lemon drinks. I guessif its really bad you could call midwife and ask her advice?

Hope you feel better soon

x

I'm just getting over a bad cold, felt so rough but only took paracetamol and lockets are ok as well. I sniffed a bit of olbus oil as that's safe for babies so assumed it was safe for me too. Hot water with honey and lemon can be a little soothing while your drinking it. I tried to rest as well. Hope you feel better soon made me feel right miserable did take my mind off morning sickness though!

I had an awful cold over Christmas & New Year which caused me to spend Christmas Day in bed. The only things you can take are Paracetamol, Halls soothers & something like honey & lemon syrup or buttercup syrup for a cough. I inhaled with Vicks dissolved in a bowl of hot water with a towel over my head & found a bath helped with the steam. It's awful having a cold when you can get dosed up, but when you can barely take anything it's even worse. I really for you in this hot stuffy weather too hun x

Sunnyb xxx

Thanks ladies, thats a great help

Oooh I can take buttercup syrup, that would be ok I suppose, I know its not the strongest of stuff but a syrup always helps the ole throat.

I'd forgotton about olbas oil. Will make me broody last time we had it in the house my wee girl was a baby. Also, I used to get menthol crystals off the pharmacy, which work in the same way, only 70p for the tub.

I'm not really really bad, but its enough to make me not want to do anything and generally feeling rotton. I'm off on hols next week so hope its away by then.

Thanks again everyone.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back