9wks YAY only 3 to go till risk reduces - But got a bad cold

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi everyone

How are we all feeling today?

I'm so relieved i've made it to 9 weeks - Only 3 more weeks to go till i am out of the higher risk zone :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Come on bean stay with with me you can do it ! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I still don't have any M/S or other symptoms maybe i am just one of the lucky ones :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

But i have got a really really awful cold :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I feel rotten and i don't know what i can or cannot take. I've read its best not to take anything but my throat feels like i've swallowed a porcupine. And i'm coughing so much my tummy aches. :cry: :cry:

Hope my bean is coping ok with all this violent coughing.

Does anyone know if i'm ok to suck on strepsils or soothers or anything like that or is it best to avoid everything medicated.

Hope your all well.

LMP x

I had a cold and bad cough a couple of weeks ago and was also worried about baby being ok with all my coughing but all is fine :D

You can have lockets for the sore throat, you can also take paracetomol if you need it.

strepsils are fine chick...just try the orange ones or something NOT the double action ones cos they have anaesthetic in as well.
If your bunged up too olbas oil is good and safe.
As for things for a cough id speak to a pharmacist cos im not too sure there. BUt other thatn that its the good ol paracetamol!
feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks guys

I never knew i would be so happy to hear someone say strepsils are fine!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hope it clears up soon!!

Thanks for the advice

LMP x

Buy some fresh lemons and some manuka honey (has to be manuka) and squeeze the lemon (half a lemon) and a teaspoon of lemon into a mug of boiling water, let it cool then drink. It's got antiseptic and soothing properties, tastes nice and might make you feel better. :D

I had a cough in the first few weeks too and it was very sore everytime I coughed.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

DebbieM said:
Buy some fresh lemons and some manuka honey (has to be manuka) and squeeze the lemon (half a lemon) and a teaspoon of lemon into a mug of boiling water, let it cool then drink. It's got antiseptic and soothing properties, tastes nice and might make you feel better. :D

Hi Debbie

well i am off work today and have slept for 13hrs solid but i've woke up feeling rotten so i thought i would try your recipe but i had a couple of queries.

Is manuka honey available at usual supermarkets? We have a tesco and morrisons near us? Also is it Half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey per mug?

Is there any limit on how much of it i can drink too?

Sorry to bother you - thanks for ou help.

LMP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back