How to stay in control?

hopingforbabyf

Reaction score
This could sound strange but I'm looking for some advice about how to stay in control and not let things affect me. 4 years ago my mum passed away and not long after I fell out with my brother's girlfriend due to things she said at, and after, the funeral. My brother took her side and we pretty much haven't spoken since. We spoke via text about a year ago and he said we could sort things but I've never heard from him again. I even bumped into him about a month ago and said hello, he ignored me. I decided then that he had made it perfectly clear how he feels about me.

My problem is...how do I stop it affecting me? I can be fine, then I will see him (or her) and it will play on my mind for weeks then I'm fine until I see one of them again. We live in a pretty small place (lots of small towns/villages in close proximity and we live about 8 miles from each other) and I can't even seem to go to the city without bumping into them.

The only suggestion I've come up with is moving away from the area but that isn't fair on hubby. I should say I have another brother who hasn't spoken to me for almost as long as his girlfriend openly took the other girlfriend's side. I have a lot of anger towards them regarding my mum but that's a whole different story entirely. I need to learn how to chill and not let things get to me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back