How to improve milk supply?

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I was doing OK pumping off twice a day at work, but I have since come down with another cold and a secondary infection (am on penicillin for that now) and it has left me very run down and struggling to pump off enough milk. I have had to supplement the milk I send her to nursery with with the frozen supply I built up. Power pumping is a bit ackward while I am at work as it takes too long and I could order some of the tea somebody recommended but it will take a while to get to me. Can anybody make any suggestions on how to improve my supply (even a little bit) which I can do immediately, eating certain foods etc? Many thanks.

I read porrige can help boost, I have been eating it every morning for the past three days and I dont know if this is why, but I have been having lots of let downs when I feed now and when I pump :think:

Heres a snipt from abreastfeeding help site

Oatmeal is another healthful and lactogenic food, and oats in any form can boost milk supply. My favorite oats recipe is a quick snack of whole cut oats mixed with yogurt for a tasty, textured treat. Some MOBI Moms have creative oatmeal recipes that call for adding frozen blueberries or other fruit, brown sugar or honey and butter to oats, then microwaving the combo for a few minutes until creamy. They have also come up with creative solutions like oatmeal bars, oatmeal cookies and homemade granola.

I swear my milk is creamier when I eat oats for breakfast!

I had porridge for breakfast - though I have been having the multi-grain one as I prefer the flavour, maybe I should be having the traditional porridge. Thanks all.

im having oaty-bix porridge, lol but I add loadsssss of sugar :lol:

Nicky_Jones said:
I was doing OK pumping off twice a day at work, but I have since come down with another cold and a secondary infection (am on penicillin for that now) and it has left me very run down and struggling to pump off enough milk. I have had to supplement the milk I send her to nursery with with the frozen supply I built up. Power pumping is a bit ackward while I am at work as it takes too long and I could order some of the tea somebody recommended but it will take a while to get to me. Can anybody make any suggestions on how to improve my supply (even a little bit) which I can do immediately, eating certain foods etc? Many thanks.

i find eating more, laying down and feeding more frequently helps. look at cows in fields who are feeding young. they lay down and graze all day and feed their young all the time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back