How to get a clear scan pic

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by HopeJoy29, Feb 10, 2016.

1. HopeJoy29

HopeJoy29 Well-Known Member

Hi

I know you drink lots n lots of water b4 ur scan? But sometimes i see scan pics that looks much clearer than others. Do you think it depends on the sonographer? Or is it down to not drinkn enough water? I have my scan in 2 days and my last scan i was 6 weeks this one i will be 13 plus 5 :) ? Just want to make sure i can do everythinh possible for a nice clear pic of my baby xx
    My unit only gives you one picture aswell :( x

#1 HopeJoy29, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

It could even be down to the machine being used.
    But i think the general rule is drinking too.

Ive actually had clearer nhs scans that ones ive had private with ds1! X

3. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Also weight can play a part (says google) x

#3 babyslog, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Redbootz

Redbootz Well-Known Member

I was told weight made a difference when we asked at our first scan about the images but I think as long as you drink the amount of water they tell you to is the best way to get a clear picture

#4 Redbootz, Feb 10, 2016
  5. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Full bladder for abdominal ultrasound and empty for transvaginal.

It does depend on the machine and sometimes the technician if they dont zoom properly. Some scans I see seem quite far away but rare.

Good luck.

xxxx

6. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

The only really clear scan I've had was when baby was sleeping. All the others she's been squirming about and they haven't been that clear. I've had some with a full bladder, some without. The sonographer also said weight around the middle can play a part

7. flinty84

flinty84 Well-Known Member

It depends on where the baby is, and what it's doing. With this one the 1st ultrasound technician couldn't get a clear image on screen, and could only tell me there was a baby with a heart beat. With the second one about 30 mins later she got a better image, but baby was being a pain and had its back to us! She said it was really low. She tried loads of different angles, and got me to cough to try and move him or her. She got the best picture she could, one that actually looked like a baby. Then right at the end of the scan baby started co-operating and she got a much better image, and printed another picture that was much better. She got us to hide the 1st picture, or else we'd be charged twice.

8. Mrsbee

Mrsbee Well-Known Member

One of my scan pics I've put on here was really clear but that's because he/she wasn't moving, when he/she started moving they became blurry. But I had a crazy full bladder, it was a little torture when she was pressing on my tummy! Xxx