How to get a clear scan pic

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Hi

I know you drink lots n lots of water b4 ur scan? But sometimes i see scan pics that looks much clearer than others. Do you think it depends on the sonographer? Or is it down to not drinkn enough water? I have my scan in 2 days and my last scan i was 6 weeks this one i will be 13 plus 5 :) ? Just want to make sure i can do everythinh possible for a nice clear pic of my baby xx
My unit only gives you one picture aswell :( x

Last edited:
It could even be down to the machine being used.
But i think the general rule is drinking too.

Ive actually had clearer nhs scans that ones ive had private with ds1! X

Also weight can play a part (says google) x

Last edited:
I was told weight made a difference when we asked at our first scan about the images but I think as long as you drink the amount of water they tell you to is the best way to get a clear picture

Last edited:
Full bladder for abdominal ultrasound and empty for transvaginal.

It does depend on the machine and sometimes the technician if they dont zoom properly. Some scans I see seem quite far away but rare.

Good luck.

xxxx

The only really clear scan I've had was when baby was sleeping. All the others she's been squirming about and they haven't been that clear. I've had some with a full bladder, some without. The sonographer also said weight around the middle can play a part

It depends on where the baby is, and what it's doing. With this one the 1st ultrasound technician couldn't get a clear image on screen, and could only tell me there was a baby with a heart beat. With the second one about 30 mins later she got a better image, but baby was being a pain and had its back to us! She said it was really low. She tried loads of different angles, and got me to cough to try and move him or her. She got the best picture she could, one that actually looked like a baby. Then right at the end of the scan baby started co-operating and she got a much better image, and printed another picture that was much better. She got us to hide the 1st picture, or else we'd be charged twice.

One of my scan pics I've put on here was really clear but that's because he/she wasn't moving, when he/she started moving they became blurry. But I had a crazy full bladder, it was a little torture when she was pressing on my tummy! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back