How to announce it...

LucyD

Reaction score
SO..all family & close friends have been told in person and now its time for everyone else to find out so we can relax & start to enjoy this.

I want to put something on facebook but I am not one of these 'look at me' types but I like to do do things differently & usually like to add a bit of humour to things. I am not one for boring status updates. Want to write something witty.......but need help/suggestions if you have any.

If I can't come up with anything I guess its just gonna have to be the scan piccy posted!

Please help

I left it until 34 weeks and posted a picture that included bump when we were away. I don't really go in for the whole Facebook announcements as having suffered a mc and having friends who struggle to conceive I know how tough it is when others are posting scans etc.

I never announced it on Facebook as I thought I'd jinx things for me so the first thing I personally posted on there was the picture of my daughter at 6 days old with her name and weight.

At work I manage a team of 11 researchers and sent round my 20 week scan as an attachment to an email and the subject heading was 'Temporary New Addition to the Team...' And in the body of the email I wrote 'for 9 months. For additional info please see attached'.

It was really nice hearing the gasps of delight and the congratulations. I then sent it as an 'FYI' to my other colleagues. I've got to admit normally I don't like the attention on me but I was lapping that up.
Xxx

You could always write in your status:

'Coming soon...' Then post the scan pic

Or

'Coming in September 2013 (or whenever it is.....scan pic)

My friend "accidentally" posted a message on my facebook page after she saw me coming out with bounty pack after our scan we were actually only 10 weeks so hadnt intended on announcing it yet. So we just posted our scan pic abd wrote wanted: 1 babysitter required from june 2013 until june 2029

I left it until 34 weeks and posted a picture that included bump when we were away. I don't really go in for the whole Facebook announcements as having suffered a mc and having friends who struggle to conceive I know how tough it is when others are posting scans etc.

Oh god, I could never keep it in until 34 weeks...blimey! I have wanted to spill the beans for sooo long!! I know what you are saying but everyone on my FB would be there if anything did happen & I always understand so its not like I am going to boast & be insensitive.
Think I may post scan pic with 'coming soon' after I have written " we are expanding our home by 2 feet...........two tiny feet!!!" what do you think???

Awwwwwww lucy I LOVE that what a gorgeous way of saying it, maybe if were lucky enough to have a second we might announce it like that

I never announced on Facebook either. After struggling for so long I was well aware how devastating pregnancy announcements can be to some people. When I think back now I never announced to anyone actually (except family). People just saw my bump growing, ha.

You could post a pic of a bun in the oven as a clue :)

I posted a pic of a woman looking into an oven with a bun

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I changed my profile pic to a computer timer that went round and said please wait, baby loading. Didn't want a pic of my uterus on facebook!

I text wider friends & family a pic of my hubbys army boots, my wedding shoes & a pair of booties with the quote 'our family is growing by two little feet'

Xx

I said something along the lines of "I must apologise to the rest of the world because I am going to be instrumental in introducing another little (insert surname here) to the world."
Had a lot of responses saying things like baby????/

I did scan pic and said...you know I hate secrets well I'm finally able to tell you....

I 'announced' mine yesterday, I just changed my profile pic to this..,,,,
uzu7ese4.jpg

and let everyone put 2 and 2 together. It did the trick!

Xx

We're telling all our family this weekend with a big BBQ, if the weather holds up, and I'm the family baker so I'm making a cake and have ordered a rice paper cake topper from ebay with our scan pic on so after the main food gonna just leave it on the table until people start to spot it. Cant wait to see everyones reactions.
xx

I just put up a little we are going to be mummy and daddy woody and can't wait. Or something to that effect we didn't put our scan photos on fb as they were personal to us and only wanted really close family & friends to see them :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back