how can you tell??

confuzed 88

Reaction score
how can you tell if baby is breech or head down?I was told 3weeks ago bubs was transverse, but he has since changed as I can't feel a lot of movement on my sides anymore, I've become a lil obsessed with the position lol

I've got my checkup with doc 36 weeks Monday and I hope they can tell by feeling my belly cause I've gt this feeling he is still breech. If they r not sure they will send for a scan I think?! Not sure if there is anyway to self check unless u know what ur feeling for lol

All my kicks are low down and there is something under my ribs so i think mine is breech. But its just a guess i dont think you can tell with out a scan

My movement has since 24 weeks been mainly on my left side between ribs and belly button and I know at 24 weeks he was head up feet down! At my 34 week mw she felt belly and said she thinks he is down but there I something by my ribs she is not sure about could be his head!! And she said he wasn't engaged then either!! I guess unless the are 100% sure on feeling of the belly, a scan would be the option!! Xx

I was getting kicks low down in my pelvis, making me want to pee all the time. I was getting nudges under my ribs so had presumed I had head up top and feet down below but when i went to ask midwife at 28 week check up she said, no that's a head down in your pelvis!! Must be a headbanger lol (well mummy was a rock chick in her days). I have no idea when I feel where baby is positioned but I'm a bit lardy so cant tell ha ha

so what would happen if he still head up at 36week appt?? I feel the kicks really low down, and rock hard bump at the top.. oh my what a headache :'(

I think u get your scan and if still head up they may offer to manually turn baby otherwise I guess they go through your options of delivering breech if safe or maybe a planned c section? I don't want him to be turned manually personally but il see what doc thinks on Monday hopefully she will say he is def head down!!

Hi mine was breech until wednesday was supposed to have her turned on friday but scan showed she had FINALLY turned head down, they first send you for a scan then will go through your options either ECV (turning with there hands), elective c-section, or vaginal breech delivery. They wont try turning the baby til you r 37 weeks tho. I was so worried about it all but she di what she was supposed to maybe late but she turned on her own so try not to worry too much yet xxx

so what would happen if bubs turns around again? would they only let u get on with it if heads engaged?or keep monitoring you?I'm scared of c-sec and this ecv stuff, but sane time don't want a vaginal breech delivery.. oh I hope he turns soon and stays like it, first he was transverse, now breech erghh what a baby, just like his dad lol

I agree blame the fathers all their fault lol! I'm like u don't fancy a breech delivery either! Guess we gotta wait and see what the professionals say!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back