How soon does your tummy

Dee83

Reaction score
shrink back down after birth? I don't mean back to being completely flat just back to a normal-ish size. I'm asking as i'm trying to decide what to wear xmas day, was thinking just a jumper dress but as my bump is so big atm and i will prob only be having baby around a week or so before xmas, do u think i will still look pregnant?

Thanks girls xxx

I heard you do when you leave the hospital but not sure about after that!

it'll be a bit bloated but not huge, might want to wear something a bit loose and comfy.

I don't look pregnant at all anymore a week after birth. Flabby belly still but it's amazing what hold u in pants can do lol - that and breast feeding lol x

Hey, I had my baby 9 weeks ago and my stomach hasn't totally gone back to normal yet! After I left the hospital I looked pregnant still for about 2 and a half weeks! Mind you I put on 6 stone so I had lots of weight to lose!

I had a c-section though and I heard that after a natural birth it can go back much quicker. My muscles felt totally dead after the op with zero strength to pull back!

I'd say a jumper dress is a safe option but you never know...!

xx

think its true when they say everyones body is different. i had an extremly small bump all through pregnancy. my lil one is 9 weeks today. i was in my pre preg jeans a day after birth and by day 3 the midwife confirmed my insides like uterus had gone back to normal i did no pelvic excercises or anything.
if i had had a big bump i would expect you still have a rounded belly for a few days.

you should try and layer your clothing like a tight vest top underneath for support and like a flowing tunic top / dress over i do this trick if ever i feel abit blurrrgh! but trust me if you feel more comfy in jogging bottoms wear them lol. since giving birth i have gone off wearing jeans and opt for loose linen trousers and leggings are amazing xxx

My tummy when down after a few days. Its still wobbly now but when i stand its pretty flat.however i cant get into pre prego clothes as my weight gain went on my bum and hips and I've not had chance to go for walks as my stitches were uncomfortable, my bleeding got heavier if i done too much and Issac seems to like the boob... a lot lol

I think it does depend on each person tho xx

My tummy when down after a few days. Its still wobbly now but when i stand its pretty flat.however i cant get into pre prego clothes as my weight gain went on my bum and hips and I've not had chance to go for walks as my stitches were uncomfortable, my bleeding got heavier if i done too much and Issac seems to like the boob... a lot lol

I think it does depend on each person tho xx

A lady at the stable yard had a c section and she said it took a lot longer for her to lose any fluid retention and her belly. She said it took about 4-5 day for most of the fluid retention to go and went pretty much almost at once.

Thanks for all of your replies girls. Interesting to hear how everyone's so different.
My bump is really quite massive, the doctors/mw's comment on it every time i see them and i've been told i'm having at least a 9lbr so i expect it may take a little while for my tummy to shrink back down but who knows! I like the idea of a tight vest top with a loose tunic over the top to hide any remaining bumpage! xxx

My scarfs have also become my best friends, takes attention away from the belly :) x

I had a c-section as well and my tummy started to go down pretty quickly. 2 weeks after the birth my tummy is already nearly as it was before pregnancy just slightly different shape...Midwife said that breastfeeding did the trick! Everyone's body is different so i would say the best is to leave your mind open towards your tummy expectations after the birth!
All the best!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back