How long before labour starts is it normal for your belly to "shrink"?

Lewa

Reaction score
I noticed baby moving down a bit around week 33, which was confirmed at my 34 week midwife appointment where she almost seemed surprised his head was as far down as it was, and asked if I had been feeling any pressure etc (which I had) and now, almost 35 weeks I'm pretty sure my belly has shrunk. Even hubby can see it (showed him a picture from Christmas eve where I'm 32 weeks, and I look about the same size, definitely not bigger, now.
Could that indicate he might come a little bit early? or at least not late? Or is around 35 weeks a normal time for your bump to shrink due to baby moving down?
When did you notice your bump get smaller?

Mine seems to be going up and down.

Last Friday I had on mat jeans that fit fine, but when I had them on for mw appointment on tues, they were literally falling down. At appointment mw said bubs was head down but free, and my belly felt really low.

Last night and tonight, there is absolutely no way that her bum could be any higher!! And I def feel bigger again.

Xxx

This happened to me, at about 36 weeks it really shrunk as baby had moved right down. I was induced at 39 weeks so I don't know if he would have arrived early but I think I wouldn't have gone much beyond my due date as all the signs for his arrival were there, lots of pressure. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back