how selfish am i?

winnie89

Reaction score
i've just had some really bad news yesterday mark's grandad is dying, we've just found out he's got cancer and he may not make it through the year. he's going to be lucky if he makes it to christmas.

mark told me last just after i got back from work so obviously i broke into tears, i broke down and he's not even my biological granddad but he always treated me like a grand-daughter. and all mark said was that he wants to try doubly as hard to try a child but it's like you should be more concerned with your granddad not with trying to have a family before he dies.

i think we should wait to start a family and enjoy the time we have got with his grandad before he dies. :cry:

Last edited:
I dont think your been selfish but maybe his grandad would like to see Mark with a family before he passes. Hugs to both of you xx

I'm sorry for the bad news. Losing my grandad was by far the worst thing that ever happened to me.

I don't think you are being selfish at all, i just think that you are reacting differently.

My opinion is that the bottom line is that it is his grandad and not yours and his wishes should be respected in the same way that you'd expect him to respect your wishes if it was your grandad.

That is unless you want to stop ttc anyway :hug:

no body want to stop trying to concieve, but i want to be respectufl towards his grnandad and make him comfortable in what time he has go left

So sorry about Mark's grandad :hug: Trying for a baby doesn't stop you from making the most of the time his grandad has left though. I had just told my grandad that I was pregnant with Toby when he died, and even now it helps to know that he knew about him, even though he never got to meet him :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back