How random is this comment!!

How bizarre :think:

I keep getting 'Not long to go' comments and then worried looks when I tell them I was due on Wednesday :lol:

my "BIL"s girlfriend once came round to my flat when i was about 8 months pregnant and said to me as she left
"yeah bye...er good luck with er that" as she pointed at my bump! ooh i wanted to hit her.
I hate random comments that woman was really rude!

aramintalovegrove said:
Stood in a que the other day a seemingly lovely little old woman asked me if I knew what I was having,

I said girl to which she replied

"Oh what a shame...well hopefully she will be healthy"

Im used to the ooh your big/small etc etc but WTF?!!

Can anyone top that random comment?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I woulda been very restrained not to lamp the old cow!!! what an awful thing to say to someone!!!! mind you - knowin the kind of insane crap my Grandma can come out with :? I must apologise if it was indeed my grandma you bumped into :rotfl: she told me when i was sharin with her years ago bout how much i wanted another baby "You'll only ever have one child!!!" :shock: taken me 10 years to prove her wrong :pray: :D

No where near as bad as your example hun but an ex work colleague said to me the other day "ooh you're gettin big now - when's the baby due again?" "1st November" i says... "Noooo" she said "you wanna have him 27th September!!" :? Now I woulda let this go but we've already had this conversation at least twice since i left my job early in my pregnancy :roll: I says "Nah :talkhand: as I've said to you already I've already done the whole premature baby thing once already thanks very much and am prayin that I get to at least 37 weeks before this one makes an appearance!!" So she says... :wall: "nah 27th September cos thats my birthday that is!!!" :wall: :wall: honestly .....its true what they say about certain families in somerset ....if ya get me drift :rotfl: dense as a fart in a jamjar!!!

That reminds me..whenever someone enquired into the sex they would then pipe up with
"Oh you should call him/her *insert there name here* " my boss was constantly saying call him Rob its the
best name i know...GRRRRRR

lol, if one more person asks me 'who's is its?' im going to lamp them, it wouldnt be so bad if i wasnt married, but saying that half the time its my hubby saying it! also, 'what is it?' well actually umm, its a puppy!

lol @ fly people only have to read my posts to know its true about dense Somerset people!! "i iz wearin lipstick" and that old dime advert heheee "your a bit thick really arnt you?"

I was saying I was worried about tearing and then i got told "ermmm do some squats or sumthing and you'll be alright" :) from fellow Somersetian

OMG :shock: That is such an awful thing to say. Where on earth did that come from?? I just don't get it :doh:
Crazy old lady :shakehead: I would like to think I would have said something to her in the same position but I think I would have been so shocked that I would have just stood there with my mouth open. How rude!

How rude!! Some people do come out with some right rubbish. :roll:

what an odd thing to say!! I would have been very tempted to ask her exactly what she meant by it though...
i always get told someones birthday that is in sept when i tell them im due on the 21st, honestly do i HAVE to know when every tom, dick & harry is born if their birthday is in sept? especially if i dont know them?!?!
although people do look like they are going to poo themselves when they ask how much longer i have left & i reply with just over 2 weeks as my chest makes my bump look fairly small & people only think im about 6 months gone hehehehehe

Well, you would kind of HALF understand if it was a man that said it... you could at least put it down to sexism... :doh:

maybe she ment that it was a shame you had found out the sex???
still a very strange comment though :think: :think:

what an odd comment :? im afraid i would have had to beat her with her walking stick too.

only comment i get atm is "not long now" which im starting to find rather annoying. coz well obviously i know that :roll:.

Ooo i remember a random one " are you looking forward to being a mum again?" i mean what are you meant to say? no? :S

:) i get the "not long now" one all the time from friends especially by text. that & "any sign of little one?" do they think i wouldnt tell them?!? I also get asked "are you looking forward to being a mum"..... another one of those questions you cant exactly say no to can you :lol: of course i am otherwise iwouldnt be doing this would i?!

I find it's funny that it's nearly always women (MIL's & Grans mainly) who seem to be dissapointed at the birth of a girl - where the hell do you think you came from?! :rotfl:

What an odd thing to say.....

I've gone quite big recently so everyone keeps asking me how long I've got left and most think I'm lying when I say 7 weeks (nearly 6 now though :cheer: ) also...... I'm soooooo fed up of people asking us if we know what sex the baby is and when I tell them no I keep getting told 'it's for the best'??? What on earth do they mean 'for the best'!! I really wanted to know and to be told what a great suprise it's going to be doesn't make it any less annoying that I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M HAVING!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Annnnnnndddd realax
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back