Bump-Pins and needles and achey hands

Well I don't have pins and needles but for a while now when I touch my bump aroun dthe belly button area it feels a bit numb and like I'm touching someone else's bump, if that makes sense.

Also my hands feel sore when I clench a fist almost as though I have too much fluid in them, feels a bit like hands that have done too much muscle wise. Not had itchy hands though, definitely worth mentioning these to your midwife just to put your mind at rest.

Hope the pins and needles stops for you :hug:

I dont have pins and needles in my bump, but I have them in my hands, and they are also aching just like you are describing. I get pins and needles if I grip anything for too long like my hairdryer, then they ache and feel stiff. I was told its carpal tunnel syndrome, I mentioned it to the community midwife the other day and she said to tell the hospital when I go next and they might get me a support splint or refer me for a bit of physio.

I think its just one of those things in pregnancy, I have had it with all them, it goes after the baby is born, but it can be quite uncomfortable and I seem to have lost strength in my grip.

Tracey xx

Yeah my hands are fooked! Feels like i trapped them in the door or something, my ring finger is the worst I'm not even wearing it anymore? I think its just about the blood being puped around the body...

It's probably carpal tunnel. It gets better after birth.

i would get the iching hands checked out by your MW / GP (localised itching can be a sypmtom of Obstetric Cholestasis, but then it can also be normal in pregnancy).

:hug:

Ive been thinking about this - I used to get lightheaded if i laid on my back. They told me it was because alice was crushing the main vein / artery down my spine, meaning the blood wasn't getting back to my head. I wonder if there is preasure on part of an artery/vein causing the pins and needles? :think: Do you find you get it when you are laying down in a certain way? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back