How old was your LO when they went into a big bed

cez8457

Reaction score
Just wondering how old your LO's were when you put them in a bed and not cot? and how did you know they were ready. Oh says we should put our LO whos 19months into a bed as she goes mad in her cot sometimes kicking the sides etc, although she not to well at the moment so has been fine in it lol. So just wondering lol.

i would say try her i have always put mine in there own big bed at around 18 months and they all took to it brill of we placed things at the side of the bed just incase but if u are worried a junior bed are fab not high of the floor and u do get some years out of them one thing we do do is when you put them in the bed we say u have got be a big girl/boy and stay in bed all jnight long like mummy and daddy do and it alwas seemed to work :D

My eldest was 2.5 when he went into a junior bed, he just wasnt ready.

Not sure with Imogen. Will see!

Jam was nearly 2, when I moved into a bigger plc for a bigger bed lol

Not had a prob with it,he's got a bedguard and funky duvet so made it more excitin!

ds went into his at the end of October so when he was 19 months. That was mostly because we wanted him out of the cot well in advance of the baby needing it though, so that ds didn't feel replaced. He's taken to it really well, he's got a junior bed and hasn't fallen out once. We've got a stairgate in his bedroom door so if he gets up he doesn't get far.

Last edited:
charl was 20 months.. with a cot side on and next to the wall :)

My nephew has recently gone into a big bed as my sister is due in Feb and will need the cot for the baby. He's 2 and a half :D

I took the sides off Lola's cot bed when she was 12 months :oops:

She has a bed guard on it so she can't fall out but she loves it in her own bed. She doesn't sleep in it all night though as she still wakes up for a feed at about 4am and i'm too lazy so just let her get in bed with me :lol:

A couple of days after her 2nd birthday. She had been climbing out of her cot for months and it was laziness on my part that we didnt put her in a bg bed earlier.

Hiya,

Daisy was 2, Rosie 2 and a half (as she was extremely small). I never have used cotbeds, they just went straight from their cots to a full sized bed (they are children's beds but they are as high as a standard single). Used one of those bed guard things until they were about 3 and a half and they've both been absolutely fine.

Tia went into a big bed at 11 months. I was woken up one morning by her poking me in the eye.. she'd climbed out of her cot. The next day I actually caught her doing it and she was at such a height I was afraid for her... and felt that a fall from 4ft would be far more dangerous than a fall from 1.5ft... so got her her own bed. We didn't have the money for a cot bed.. so she just got put in a normal one with side bar thingy... she slept really really well after that too...

Lil miss tries to climb out of hers.. but shes is NO WHERE NEAR ready to do that so shes staying in her cot for now.. plus I was clever this time and brought a cot that changes into a cot bed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Called planning ahead with hindsight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back