How old was your child when...

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
you put them in a bed - cot bed etc.

I have a cot bed in the shed and im wondering whether to swop it for the cot sooner rather thrn later.

Any advice

Maddison has been in a cotbed from 10 weeks and we have just bought her a big girls bed to move her into before baby comes so he/she can go into cotbed :hug:

Isaac out grew his moses basket really fast so he was in a cot bed from very early on :)

No im talking bed without the sides...... shes in a cot already, no sides on this bed!!!

18mths ish

with a bedguard tho so he didnt fall out lol

Sorry Mrs T! :doh:

We took the sides off of Isaacs cot bed so it was just a bed when he was 1 but bought a bed guard and we only recently took that off :)

mummykay said:
18mths ish

with a bedguard tho so he didnt fall out lol

god really that soon :shock: i thought i had longer of her being a baby... :(

mias cot keeping the sides on till shes 5 :talkhand: :rotfl:

My friends daughter moved from a cot into a proper bed when she was about 2 years as she had learned how to climb out her cot! I don't think she had a bed guard on it... I don't recall seeing one anyway. :think: That was 2 years ago though so she might have and I just don't remember! I'll be getting one for Aimee when she is old enough for the bars to come off her cot bed.

Oliver was 2years old when he went into his bed as he would climb outta cot didnt put a guard rail up and he has only fell outta bed once!!!!!

laracomps said:

I just so happens I read about this in the 'what to expect in the first year' book today.

Apparently as soon as they reach 89cm in height, they should be in a bed rather than a cot regardless of age :hug:

:wink: courtesy of the count to one million thread.... I knew it would come in handy one day!!

My eldest Jessie went into a bed at sixteen months and her brother at about the same age - he could climb out of the cot by then ! Ani is still in a cot cos she seems happy there. I will play it by ear...

Lisa

Jess was 20 months and Joe is still in the cotbed with sides up :oops: but that will need to change next month as we will be potty training him next month or very soon after.

11 months for Tia but she could climb out at that age :roll: Lil miss isn't ANYWHERE near that yet so when their read.

The way I see it you move em into a bed with either they a)grow out of the cotbed or b) they climb out and therefore becomes dangerous :)

My 2 girls went into big beds just after they turned 2. Nathans 23 months and there's no chance of him coming out of his cot yet. I reckon another 6 months in the cot for him. There just no way he'd stay in a bed!

oliver was in a bed when he was 14 months old only due to the fact of his boots n bars

ollienbootsnbars.jpg

so he needed the extra room now his in a big bed all on his own with no guard has been for about 10 months now :D

never looked bk tho

Lydia was 22 months. She still has the bedguard though - she would most certainly fall out without it. She ends up the wrong way round in her bed most nights. She's such a fidgety sleeper.

My first son went into a toddler (car bed) when he was 16 months! The car had a kinda built in bed guard and was low and he never fell out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back