Cot to Bed - how easy?

SarahH

Reaction score
How easy did you find it to transfer your little ones from their cot to a bed?

Arianna is in a cot bed and I would ideally like to take the sides off once Brian goes back to the rig as then the inlaws are away to and we will get back to normality.
She is defo ready for it, for safety reasons as she is trying to climb out of it (and succeeded twice :roll: )

She can sleep with out sides as she sometimes comes in with me when Brian is away and also occationally naps on the couch... just scared I get temper tantrums :oops:

If I say to her "will we put you in a big girl bed", she does get all excited and will point to our bed and say "big... yayyy"

SarahH said:
If I say to her "will we put you in a big girl bed", she does get all excited and will point to our bed and say "big... yayyy"

No idea but how cute is she! :)

Thanks girls for your comments :D :hug:

Anyone got any advice?!?!

If she is ready then it should be pretty easy. We tried a couple of times with Aimee but we started her just for naps in the day but she just used to get out and trash the room. I don't think she was ready so we left it a couple of months, bought her a 'lazy town' bed cover (her favorate) and now she loves it and slept the whole night in it on the 1st go :D I remember Jess was a bit harder to change, for the 1st 2 weeks or so we had to go into her in the middle of the night and put her in her cot. Didn't take to long though. Good luck!

We just went for it at about 18 months.
She settled really well. She does tend to trash her room if she doesn't want to sleep but she has a stairgate on her room so we leave her until she tires herself out.
At first she went to bed with her bottle so that helped her get used to the transition as she had gone to bed with a bottle in her cot (if that makes sense) although you're not supposed to let them fall asleep with a bottle so slap my wrists for that :oops:

monster_munch said:
although you're not supposed to let them fall asleep with a bottle so slap my wrists for that :oops:

We can get slapped together as I do this! :roll:

Jonah did it with no problems. We took him to get big boy bedding and big boy pj's and he thought he was the man :lol:

In the morning he still used to stand up and shout on us because he didn't realise that he could just step off the cotbed :lol:

jack went in his bed 2 weeks ago, i realised there wasnt gonna be a good time so i thought ets get it over with lol. he's in a toddler be which is good as he can climb in his self.i also kept his cot bedding which fits the bed so its familar for him.the first few nights he climbed out and trashed his bedroom i went in every 20mins and put him back in bed,after about an hour he fell asleep, i then took alot of teddies out of his room so there was less to play with. within a few days he realised it was comfyier sitting on the bed than floor lol.now he is really good and plays for a little while and he's starting to fall asleep te right way round on his pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back