how old was your LO when they began to smile?

claireyfairey

Reaction score
I'm only wondering because Isla is 7 weeks now and we still haven't had a smile yet :( She sort of smiles at her toys, and occasionally grimaces at people but no smile :(

Angel was 21 days old. But my nephew was about 6-7 weeks.

If I remember right, Jessica was never a big smiler. She was very attentive and happy but no cheesy grins till she was a bit older.

Esme was 4 weeks, she was doing lots of experimenting with her face before then but I class them as accidental smiles, we count from when her smile was a reaction to us.

I know how you feel Isla smiling to her toys more than you, Es is exactly the same I think she is flirting with the fish on her mobile as she coos and grinns like the joker to them, we are only slightly amusing compared to them :lol:

i think about 5 weeks, got it written down somewhere when she firtst smiled, but its only this week really that she'll do it on command, if you say smileee, flo smileeeeeee n do an exagerated smiley face n a high cartoony voice shell do a big gummy one to match !!

I would worry about it clairey im sure isla will be the same one day nothing, the next day shell do it once and then be non-stop from there on in :hug: :cheer:

And Esme Isla and Flo seem to know something abtou toys i dont apparently because Flo also talks completely nonsense and SQUEALS at the fish on her mobile, and then i go over to watch and as soon as she sees me she shuts up lol I think its a secret !!!

6 weeks for a proper smile. She smiles at everything now, the cat, the lamp shade, the tv, anybody that talks to her and me.

Ivy smiled from about 3weeks! Madness! If I had her and was rubbing her back she would beam! I just thought it was wind but loads of people said nope it was deffo smiles. Shes stated giggling now to from about 8weeks. She is probably trying to smile or shes just a content babe just happy all the time :hug: From the pics she looks really contented :)

7 weeks :) she's just started and now we get big beaming smiles!!!!

probably about 3 weeks as hes always been a smiley baby :D

I think we first saw a smile at around 4/5 weeks but it was another week or so after that when his eyes actually lit up too. He now smiles in response to our smiles (if he is in a good mood). He totally loves smiling at our walls and the spiral staircase :roll: :D Oh and we've had giggling from about 7/8 weeks too :)

I like to think that his smiles are the compensation for the fact that he cries loads for most of the day! I'm sure Isla will beam at you very soon :hug:

Maia is such a smiley baby everyone comments on howmuch she smiles and she started early at 3 weeks old. At first I thought it was just wind but you could see it in her eyes and then the midwife was holding her and she gave a big grin and the midwife couldnt believe it.

My niece onthe other hand doesnt smile at all and its really hard work trying to get her to smile, she does smile just not very often.

jack was about 8 weeks!! it is well worth the wait hun xxxx

MagicMarkers said:
And Esme Isla and Flo seem to know something abtou toys i dont apparently because Flo also talks completely nonsense and SQUEALS at the fish on her mobile, and then i go over to watch and as soon as she sees me she shuts up lol I think its a secret !!!

Aww that post made me smile our girls are in a clique!!!

Talia started smiling at about 2 1/2 weeks. She even did it for the health visitor and she was so impressed she noted it down in her red book! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back