First smiles

hellywelly

Reaction score
Seen lots on here about first smiles over the past couple of days. How old was your LO when you got your first proper smile? Evie is 5 weeks today and no sign yet. She has had wind smiles, but when she's properly awake with her eyes open she's a really solemn little thing!

Max is 5 weeks 2 days and he smiles but very rarely and they dont last for long! he does get excited with them but its not really big and obvious yet. havent got too excited about the smiles yet as im waiting for them to be big and proper if you know what i mean xxx

I read somewhere that they will smile when the hear your voice etc and they don't smile when they see you until much later.

I encourage Tilly chops by stroking her cheeks and saying give mummy smiles etc.

She has to be in the right mood mind you. Lol

I do all that but just get these big staring eyes! They are also cute but the smile would just make my day!!

My LO was 5 weeks 3 days and is now 6 weeks 1 day and has been smiling and grinning every day, love it :) xx

had one or two after 4 weeks but get them every day now, it was a gradual thing at first and would be days between them and hard to get her to do it but now its pretty easy if shes in a good mood shes got such a huge beaming grin and dimples!

Chloe was about 6 weeks when she started. Smiles all the time now :) melts your heart!

We think the first real one was at 4 weeks. He did lots of windy ones & so was hard to tell! Then we might get one every couple of days but not often at all & it wasn't until about 8 weeks that they started happening regularly & now he smiles at us, his toys, the bedroom curtains, everything! He's a happy chappy & it's easy to make him smile unless he's really tired. We've been waiting for a giggle for a while though, he gets close but not quite there yet.

First one was 4 weeks, same as tor if I stroke his cheek while I'm talking to him he usually smiles

Don't worry my baby girl was also very solemn looking. Then she started smiling at 6 weeks 2 days. Took another couple of weeks to get more regular and now at ten weeks we get smiles everyday x

Albert smiled when I lip-munched his cheek yesterday, but then he wrapped his fingers in my hair and I struggled to get away just in case the smile was pre-puke lol

His face is definitely brightening up at the sound of our voices though :D

I think Angel was around 4-5 weeks but they were really uncertain little lip twitches and I got real happy smiles probably 6-8 weeks :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back