when did your baby first smile?

Dee1985

Reaction score
at how many weeks did your baby first smile?

Harley is 9weeks old and has never smiled :cry:
i smile at him all day and talk to him and tickle his face?

think he might be behind as he was 5weeks prem??

Seren was around 3 weeks but she was 2 weeks late??

Ella was 3 and a half weeks when she smiled and she first properly laughed at 10 weeks old, but she was 2 weeks late and I think this makes a difference. Did they check for a social smile at his 6 weeks check? If he wasnt smiling then and they didnt say anything then I dont think its anything to worry about.

Dionne don't worry it's because he's prem!

Zara did a faint smile at 9 weeks but didn't really start until 12 weeks. She never looked back after that!

Dior was 6weeks when she first smiled and she was 5weeks early too.

they asked if he was smiling at his 6week check i said no, they tryed to get him to smile he didnt but they wernt concerned

would you worry if you were me? :?

or maybe i just aint funny anough and not amusing him :lol:

Damien was the same as Zara, the premmies take a while to catch up hun. He smiled at about 2 or 2.5 months old but smiled regularly 3 months onwards, at 5 months he started to laugh.

LouisecH said:
Dionne don't worry it's because he's prem!

Zara did a faint smile at 9 weeks but didn't really start until 12 weeks. She never looked back after that!

ahhh thats put my mind at rest, how prem was Zara?

kayl, yes im a bit better just spending alot of time with Dior concentrating on her diet and sleeping

i was just feling bad as i was at the stage of giving up on her and not caring any more :oops:
but her not showing love to me was upsetting so i took it out on the forum as i needed some one to blame :roll:

Sami you TTC already??????

me and kris have been discusing a third :shock:

21 with 3 kids lol am i crazy :lol:

i just love babies :D

hate beoing preg thou, would love to adopt, but kris aint up for it

Dionne you are funny enough, you had Damien giggling lkike mad!

I worried about Damien big time, I know how you feel. You're pouring so much into them yet getting nothing back, and with prems the early road is longer and harder. You're worrying for him is normal.

I think Louise will agree waiting to see when your prem does something a baby should be doing already can be hard to bear when so many other babies their age or younger do it already.

Harley is beautiful and one day he will take you by surprise. Keep smiling at him, and he'll learn slowly :)

dionne said:
Sami you TTC already??????

me and kris have been discusing a third :shock:

Yep, I couldn't wait!!! LOL. Although we're not proper TTCing yet really, I've come off the pill now but taking it easy and not getting too wrapped up in dates to BD

I knew you'd want another one, mad moose :lol:

eva was 6weeks old and she was 3weeks early.

i bet you two will be pg together ;)

lol i no nothing about TTC i dont even no how to tell when the most fertile time is or all this stick things i read about on here???

i just dont use the pill and have sex when i can be bother lol

worked for me every time...

infact i only need to look at kris and im pregnant :lol:

Sami said:
LMAO probably! :lol:

lol me are going to look like sados...

both black hair both have matching buggys and both with a bump :lol:

dionne wot happened to harley will deffo be my last lol

Braydon was 3.5 weeks old wen he first smiled, harley will smile wen he is ready dont woz bout it hun

Hahaha Dionne, tell me about it! I'll be gutted if we're not now! Right, our aim, get preg before the end of the year haha. I bet you'll be PG before me though :lol:

dionne said:
lol i no nothing about TTC i dont even no how to tell when the most fertile time is or all this stick things i read about on here???

i just dont use the pill and have sex when i can be bother lol

worked for me every time...

infact i only need to look at kris and im pregnant :lol:

god hun u make me laugh, wot u gonna do wen u got enough kids, blind fold yaself lol?

Dionne - Zara was born at 33+5. Just relax - it will happen. As Sami said it can be hard seeing what all the full term babies are doing but it's really important to remember that in a few months time he'll be giggling away and you won't remember him being any different. You'll probably have 'rolling envy' by then like me :lol:

Damien has short legs and weight on his side to help him roll Louise, if he wasn't such a fatling I doubt he would have the weight to propel himself over :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back